Pair Solenoid Valve

BSR67

Hi Grum

i haven’t cleared the ECM MIL codes yet. 

So that is the next job. I also have a set of new spark plugs and will fit those today. 

I’ve topped the fuel up with fresh. May be tempted to drain it all off and start with 100%. 

Will update!

thanks

BSR67

It's ALIVE!!!! 🤣

Slightly embarrassed to say I changed all four plugs - they were sooty, very wet, the gap was about 3 miles. It started straight up! 

I still have the FI light on when running - need to sort that via clearing codes I hope - I haven't yet! Before start up it blinks 9 times on a cycle. I'll clear the codes a little later and see what gives.

How does the choke operate? I think the rich running could be a sticky/dodgy choke. Is the choke operating when the holes in the throttle body are open or closed? How is it activated?

A million thanks Grum for you absolute patience. Assembling knowledge at a very rapid pace here. I'm very grateful.

Standard silencers to fit later and fairing. And a service, and refinish the forks, and and and ... !!!

Thanks

BSR67

• Member Contributer

Ah some good news at last. Hopefully once you plug in the IAT your FI light should be out.

The cold start fast idle is handled by wax unit acting on the starter valves, these valves provide the bypass air required for idle(as the throttle plates are closed).

The ECM will alter the injector time duration to create a cold start rich mixture largely based on the ECT sensor info.

So as the bike warms up the wax unit slowly returns the starter valves back to the warm idle position, 1200rpm when fully warmed, so check your warm idle rpm, it can be adjusted via the adjusting knob lower right side of the bike.

Get the IAT reconnected, confirm all vacuum hose and connections are good. Clear all memorized fault codes. Go for a ride and hope your FI doesn't come on. Then your done! Oh and check your charging voltage......

AND REMEMBER if you start the engine from cold, allow it to warm up a little before turning it off. Otherwise your next start even a day or two later could be a flooded situation!

5 hours ago, Grum said:

Ah some good news at last. Hopefully once you plug in the IAT your FI light should be out.

The cold start fast idle is handled by wax unit acting on the starter valves, these valves provide the bypass air required for idle(as the throttle plates are closed).

The ECM will alter the injector time duration to create a cold start rich mixture largely based on the ECT sensor info.

So as the bike warms up the wax unit slowly returns the starter valves back to the warm idle position, 1200rpm when fully warmed, so check your warm idle rpm, it can be adjusted via the adjusting knob lower right side of the bike.

Get the IAT reconnected, confirm all vacuum hose and connections are good. Clear all memorized fault codes. Go for a ride and hope your FI doesn't come on. Then your done! Oh and check your charging voltage......

AND REMEMBER if you start the engine from cold, allow it to warm up a little before turning it off. Otherwise your next start even a day or two later could be a flooded situation!

Ha ha ha! Thanks Grum! Will be avoiding that flooding scenario at all costs!

My sons took the bike for a blast. The outstanding news is that the tick over is now stable and at 1,200 rpm. It had been all over the shop with the previous owner.

I've now fitted the correct exhausts (the previous silencers had be 'de-baffled' and were LOUD), and I'll also fitted a replacement side fairing panel (RHS).

All fault codes cleared, which stopped the 'flashing 9 times on power up'. I now have no FI light and the throttle response is crisp and clean. I have re-connected the Pair Solenoid valve and the bypass valve to the top of the airbox. It seems much much happier. Fingers crossed ....

Will get the old girl out for a few shakedowns, and then the more cosmetic jobs await! And checking that charging voltage!

Grateful for your help.

BSR67

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, BSR67 said:

Ha ha ha! Thanks Grum! Will be avoiding that flooding scenario at all costs!

My sons took the bike for a blast. The outstanding news is that the tick over is now stable and at 1,200 rpm. It had been all over the shop with the previous owner.

I've now fitted the correct exhausts (the previous silencers had be 'de-baffled' and were LOUD), and I'll also fitted a replacement side fairing panel (RHS).

All fault codes cleared, which stopped the 'flashing 9 times on power up'. I now have no FI light and the throttle response is crisp and clean. I have re-connected the Pair Solenoid valve and the bypass valve to the top of the airbox. It seems much much happier. Fingers crossed ....

Will get the old girl out for a few shakedowns, and then the more cosmetic jobs await! And checking that charging voltage!

Grateful for your help.

BSR67

IMG_6324.MOV

Well done, she sounds and looks real nice. Hope it gives you many enjoyable miles. Glad to help.

Good luck ride safe.

Cheers.:beer::wheel:

P.S..Just realized your bike has the H.I.S.S. system. Did you get both hiss keys with the bike? If you only have one, then suggest you get another made up ASAP.!!!

If you loose that key or its internal transponder chip fails....you're in deep shit.

1 hour ago, Grum said:

Well done, she sounds and looks real nice. Hope it gives you many enjoyable miles. Glad to help.

Good luck ride safe.

Cheers.:beer::wheel:

P.S..Just realized your bike has the H.I.S.S. system. Did you get both hiss keys with the bike? If you only have one, then suggest you get another made up ASAP.!!!

If you loose that key or its internal transponder chip fails....you're in deep shit.

Just the one Grum ....... Eek! 

There's an article on here on how to self programme new ones. Will try that or Honda! Could be expensive!

Taking the old girl out for a shakedown later.

Thanks for everything.

BSR67

Archived