Replacing the OEM Trunk Mounting Base - Stolen Bike repair

salmonbay

Hey all,

My white 2006 VFR800A was stolen this past summer and the mounting brackets for the OEM trunk case and hard bags were stolen along with a few other parts. I was lucky enough to recover the bike and it didn't take too much effort to get it running again. The hard saddlebags and top trunk were not on the bike when it was stolen and I'm working on getting the brackets so I can start using them again. However, the mounting base for the top trunk came as a component for the "touring trunk" (Part No. 08L55-MCW-190) and NOT the "trunk mount bracket" (Part No. 08L42-MCW-100)

Getting the brackets seems relatively straightforward - however, I've had a hard time finding a way to get the "trunk mounting base" as a separate component from the entire trunk part. Does anyone know of anywhere I could find such a piece or know of a workaround for that mounting base? I think the OEM bags are sourced from Givi is there a way to source the part from them? I've attached an image of the installation guide for additional reference. 

Thanks,

JMN

File_20210421-172528.jpg

File_20210421-172646.jpg

Archived