VifferCrab's 8th gen with Sebspeed custom clear clutch cover

VifferCrab

Having had such an amazing experience working with Sebspeed during my complete overhaul/build of my 6th gen a few years back, I've decided to do the rodeo one more time with him for my 8th gen.       For  my custom 6th Gen R/W/Black paint scheme,  we did a black powder on the cover,  red pressure plate,  machined silver bolts with gold washers...

6thGenSebSpeed.thumb.jpg.c4ab2bb1ffd1330e7e0359027a7499dd.jpg

The whole time I was looking for an 8th gen,  I knew immediately that I'd be calling upon him again to for another cover,  and I was even looking for a white 8th gen instead of red,  literally so we would have more color choices and artistic combinations than what red gives you.    In the end,  I bought a super clean red bike since it was optioned how I wanted, was local,  and is in cherry condition.  

We've been going back and forth for the past few week deciding on color palette as well as sourcing parts for this.     As usual,  he's ridiculously patient with me and my ADHD warp speed changing of my mind over and over.    In the end,  we've decided to go with another black cover (factory is bronze) and we've brought that bronze back down into it on the pressure plate and the tiny little bolts that hold the window in place.   We've also gone with silver bolts/red washers to bring only a touch of red on to the assembly.   

So far,  he's finished machining and powdering the cover,   and I went ahead and drop-shipped him another pressure plate, so I wouldn't have to deal with downtime.   That also gives us the opportunity to do a different color scheme on my second pressure plate and bolt/washer assembly.    So,  options...  yay.

I'll keep updating this thread and we move through the process,  as I did with my 6th gen build.   There was some painful lessons learned during that last attempt at doing this,  so I'm hoping I don't make the same mistake twice,  when I cracked the pressure plate in half during assembly... 

Anyone interested in that,  I've linked it:

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/82289-my-sebspeed-custom-clear-clutch-cover-experience/

Pick of the 6th gen above for attention...I've got better pics laying around somewhere,  but this is the first one that popped up when I searched.

And the stock(ish) 8th gen for now.... 

VFR-Loys.jpg

The pressure plate I purchased from eBay wasn’t in the condition I was expecting.    Even though Seb assured me it was no big deal and he could clean up the nicks and scuffs on it prior to Cerakoting it, I went ahead and drop shipped a brand new one to him from Partzilla.  

I’m still going to send him this one,  plus the one that’s still on my bike.   That way I’ll have 3 different colors to swap in and out of as my mood changes.    Along with different color bolt/washer hardware...

4E4FC552-3E59-4AC5-ACC2-1A297DC48850.jpeg

A1DEFC63-4E6E-4073-B239-F7AE021D1B1C.jpeg

And good news on the clutch cover!  It’s mostly completed and looks outstanding,  as is his work is always impeccable.

We’re gonna Cerakote the little porthole bolts bronze to bring that OEM wheel color back down on to the clutch cover.   It’ll also match pressure plate #1,  since we’re doing bronze on that to tie it all together.    

D5A04B1C-76F2-44B8-88B1-A7E7ED78E445.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Looks great... I know I said no more mods to my bike, but now I'm considering this😂

There’s no such thing as “no more mods”.   😉

To me,  this is the #1 visual mod to make on these bikes,  regardless of generation.   The fact that it’s not some off-the-shelf add on,  and you can literally request any type of color combo between the cover, plate, bolts, washers etc….  It’s a no brainer.   His pricing is beyond reasonable and I can promise you with zero degree of uncertainty,  his customer service is top notch. 

I can’t tell you the amount of back and forth messages I’ve had with him between doing this on my 6th gen and this bike.  

Also,  pick his brain on color ideas… he’s got some artist in him.   We bounced ideas back and forth before deciding on this combo.    

Archived