2011 VFR 1200 F - traction control?

ef186

Question

Hello, I am a new VFR1200F 2011 user.

My motorcycle has no traction control.

Is there any way I can add the traction control system available on new models to my motorcycle?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from a bit up north!  :laugh:

1 hour ago, ef186 said:

New VFR models didin't sale after 2011 in Turkey.

Private import one from Netherlands, Germany or straight from Japan. I see you have booming vehicle import industry from Japan?

Anyhow, I do not see advantages for traction control for experienced rider. Spend money on tier I tires and with ABS you will be fine.

• Member Contributer

:1:  to the above.  I you were very lucky, it would only require an ECU swap that would be a direct fit.  In practice it's usually never that simple.  Different pin outs, connectors, wiring or a disable switch or even sensors could make that a nightmare project that you wouldn't know worked as it should.  I guess I'm old school - ridden for decades without it, no issues.  If I commuted in the rain frequently or otherwise rode at the edge a lot then yeah, maybe nice to have.  But there are other things that money could go to that IMO would improve your riding experience more.  YMMV 

Thank you for your answers. I guess it doesn't seem possible to add traction control. Actually, I wasn't sure whether I needed it or not, it is a habit that comes from the car, I guess to demand every feature in terms of equipment.

Archived