Discs

Manny98

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have EBC discs on my 1200, very good they are too. 

• Member Contributer

I have a set of Chinese generic wavy ones. They have been on for a few years done a couple of euro tours & two trackdays. No discernible wear, no vibration & really good braking with EBC HH pads in my CBR929 caliper. I can even do stoppies, usually not intended. 👍

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, slowbird said:

I installed EBC front rotors on my 5th gen because the factory discs were warped. (common issue)

So far so good. 

That is V good to hear. I may need to do the same on my '98 purchased from within 10 miles of the Pacific Ocean. I suspect no warping but the discs have a lot of corrosion on them.

• Member Contributer

On brake discs, corrosion is not neccessarily a bad thing. A higher iron content improves performance. 

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I have a set of Chinese generic wavy ones. They have been on for a few years done a couple of euro tours & two trackdays. No discernible wear, no vibration & really good braking with EBC HH pads in my CBR929 caliper. I can even do stoppies, usually not intended. 👍

I have used these on a couple of bikes and found them very good.  They are stainless steel and with the slots in them, dissipate heat quite well.  Wouldn't hesitate to go there if your wallet can't stand EBC or Galfer.

• Member Contributer

I used Braking, of Italy, rotors, front and rear. Paired with DP Brakes HH pads, Core Moto lines, and fresh rebuilds of the calipers and master cylinders, I have phenomenal delinked braking, using F3/F4i components. 

300F075A-E447-4E3E-85E2-AB29CA6F8B23.png

I have used both Braking and the Chinese knockoff rotors which I converted both to full floating in order to minimize rotor warp.  I liked both.  I only recommend the stock brake pads from Honda never had a problem.  I did have problems with EBC HH pads and EBC race pads and Braking pads.

I’ve been wondering myself on what I’ll do for upgrading but just haven’t put any time into researching it yet. 

I have used Braking rotors in the past on my Gen 2 Hayabusa with very good results. I suppose I should spend a bit of time looking. 

Archived