Vfr exhaust question

BIGQ

Just bought an 08 Honda vfr and I’m looking to put a different exhaust on it. Where can I find a decent one for a good price and would you recomend dyno tuning it when you get it?  
wouldn’t mind recommendations on which you like best etc. 

• Member Contributer

In the end I didn’t go through with it but I thought the Delkevic exhaust was a real good choice. Gobs of excellent YouTube videos, just search vfr800 Gen six exhaust. 

• Member Contributer

I have round Delkevic carbon fiber cans on my 2007 and Remus oval carbon fiber cans on my 2008. The Remus cans are a lot like the Leo Vince cans that were popular on 6th gen for a while.  They were quite expensive.  I love the look of both, with a nod to the Remus because it fills the void left by the OEM cans a little better.  The sound is great on both as well, but the Delkevic cans have a deeper more wicked/evil sound.  I don't use the baffles.  Not only does it look and sound good, it is a fraction of the cost of other systems.   

I've had three 6th gens, all responding a little differently at vtec transition, off idle, open/closed loop transition etc.  Aftermarket exhaust affected the 2008 bike more than the 2004 and 2007 bikes.  I did an 02 eliminator mod to the 2008 and I'm happy with it.  However, a dyno tune wouldn't hurt even with the OEM cans.  

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, tbzep said:

I have round Delkevic carbon fiber cans on my 2007 and Remus oval carbon fiber cans on my 2008. The Remus cans are a lot like the Leo Vince cans that were popular on 6th gen for a while.  They were quite expensive.  I love the look of both, with a nod to the Remus because it fills the void left by the OEM cans a little better.  The sound is great on both as well, but the Delkevic cans have a deeper more wicked/evil sound.  I don't use the baffles.  Not only does it look and sound good, it is a fraction of the cost of other systems.   

I've had three 6th gens, all responding a little differently at vtec transition, off idle, open/closed loop transition etc.  Aftermarket exhaust affected the 2008 bike more than the 2004 and 2007 bikes.  I did an 02 eliminator mod to the 2008 and I'm happy with it.  However, a dyno tune wouldn't hurt even with the OEM cans.  

I also have Remus cans (though stainless, not carbon) on my '08.  They have removable spuds.  I've seen a number of other sets on other bikes, but none of them had the removal feature.  Not sure why.  If that's an important consideration, may want to look closely or inquire prior to purchasing. 

• Member Contributer
On 4/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, Cogswell said:

I also have Remus cans (though stainless, not carbon) on my '08.  They have removable spuds.  I've seen a number of other sets on other bikes, but none of them had the removal feature.  Not sure why.  If that's an important consideration, may want to look closely or inquire prior to purchasing. 

I forgot mine had the removable spuds.  They were chunked in one of my tool cabinets about 15 years ago and I've not thought about them since. 

• Member Contributer

Leo Vince SBK Carbon fiber look.

Got them used for about half price of new.  Even then , I debated long and hard over whether or not it was worth hundreds of dollars... in the end I went for it, I love the VFR and intend to keep it as long as it runs.  I'm still undecided if they were worth the money... but they do look good and sound excellent.  Tried the silencers, they work...but I ride without 😀

vfr3.thumb.png.d7784ad8e99a5373504e864ecc420d17.png

vfr4.thumb.png.72b6f040007aabbc810813d13ed0d4d2.png

Maybe it's just me but I think the bike sounds great with the stock exhausts. IMO they look really good from the back and you can still hear the engine roar when you accelerate.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, styran said:

Maybe it's just me but I think the bike sounds great with the stock exhausts. IMO they look really good from the back and you can still hear the engine roar when you accelerate.

Several people like the OEM cans.  If you like 'em, that's cool.  To me they seem bulky, and they are definitely heavy.  Worst of all, they make the bike sound like a nice quiet Singer household sewing machine, not even an industrial variety.  lol   

Archived