A treasure trove of unobtanium bits for a 3rd gen

Howdy y'all, forgive me for being absent for the last decade or so, but the time has come to admit defeat to injuries sustained in an accident with a dingy broad that just had to send a text message.  My trusty '92 has been sitting in a corner of my shop completely neglected.  Kerker full exhaust, custom shock with hydraulic preload adjuster, Givi rack, helibars, and an assload of spares.  She needs to find a good home.  It breaks my heart. Because of my injuries, I'll never ride again. Admitting this sucks. 

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00122.JPG

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good home for your steeds.

Good luck with the future.

• Member Contributer

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your injuries.

Sending you best wishes! 🌈

• Member Contributer

Hey man, sorry about the accident. Never say never, but for now, it may be the right move. Where are you in New Orleans? I used to work for Semolina's over on Clearview, up until Katrina. That's when I went back to school. I just finished school last year, and the year before, got back on a bike after a few years off to concentrate on grades, etc. My VFR was electrically challenged while I lived over in Belle Chasse, but I rode my Yamaha XT600 over to work all the time. Yes, people are crazy drivers, especially in New Orleans. Vets boulevard? Holy...crap. 

I had a hip replacement a few years ago, while in school, forcing the sale of my KLR650. Man, I love 2 wheels. Deal with your injuries now, see a good osteopathic doctor, and when the time comes, maybe you can ride again. It never goes away, I don't think. The injury pain, or the need to ride. 

If you are selling the stuff...maybe I can come get some. I would love to by your 92...but I am having a VFRD guy *refurbish* my 1990 model. It has been...expensive and expansive. But, it nears fruition - frame and swingarm are at the powdercoater, he is machining a custom triple setup for a GSXR600 front end, he should be painting my Italian fiberglass fairings from MotoXRicambi (paint R147, Italian Red) in the next week or so. Then I will have my beloved 100k+ original owner VFR750 back. 

Chin up. Truly sorry about the accident. But see what you can make of it! I may be the only person that came out of katrina in 05 better off. It wasn't easy, and I took my FEMA check and paid tuition to start back to school. All my dreams (when I say all, I mean the only ones I had!) have come true. School worked way better than managing Semolina's! Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Archived