Poor fuel economy

Bikespod

• Member Contributer
On 4/8/2021 at 6:36 AM, Grum said:

Ok. Thanks for the heads up Skids.

So therefore the Fuel Pressure Regulator is located on the Right side end of the forward fuel rail. NOT like the 8gen.

There actually isn’t a fuel pressure regulator on the rail. It’s incorporated into the fuel pump apparently 

• Member Contributer
On 4/9/2021 at 11:47 AM, Magneto said:

Thanks Danno. Lots of interesting combinations  due to numerous meanings of the word across cultures... 😉

A blat is also a generic word for the local currency when you are abroad and are too lazy to remember the name of the currency they use.

• Member Contributer

I have fitted a used O2 sensor from a 2017 VFR800 with 3,800 miles on it. £11 from eBay. Honda want £498 for a new one! That’s a tenth of the price I paid for the whole bike...ridiculous. 
I was going to try a Bosch universal sensor, but I don’t think there’s room between the exhaust and engine as it’s a bit longer. 
Thermostat replacement and proper blanking plates on the pairs valves is next. Quite a lot to move out of the way first though. 
At least she will have fresh coolant too. 

• Member Contributer

If you need another sensor, I just remembered I have the old ones from mine in the garage somewhere. You would need to splice the wires as I stole the connectors to power my wideband sensor, which stops the Fi light coming on too. 

• Member Contributer

To update the thread and prevent anyone else trying. The Bosch universal is way bigger and not even compatible thread wise. It’s about 4 times the size of the Honda one 😉

• Member Contributer
On 4/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mohawk said:

If you need another sensor, I just remembered I have the old ones from mine in the garage somewhere. You would need to splice the wires as I stole the connectors to power my wideband sensor, which stops the Fi light coming on too. 

thanks for the offer Mohawk. I think the one I have is good. I now have the new thermostat and new coolant. Just need the time to do it. I’ve got to replace my roof first though, so I’m a way off getting any time to do it. Maybe evenings if I can get it inside again 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I had a failing Fuel Pressure Regulator. Got all the way down to 25mpg before switching to a spare used one. That helped a bit getting me up to 30mpg but still not what it should be. Made sure brake pistons weren't dragging etc..

I caved and bought a new one[pays for itself] and immediately jumped to 37-38mpg on a spirited ride up  Palomar Mountain. I wager I'd get above 40 if I was cruising highways for a whole tank. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Madfox said:

I had a failing Fuel Pressure Regulator. Got all the way down to 25mpg before switching to a spare used one. That helped a bit getting me up to 30mpg but still not what it should be. Made sure brake pistons weren't dragging etc..

I caved and bought a new one[pays for itself] and immediately jumped to 37-38mpg on a spirited ride up  Palomar Mountain. I wager tracking software I'd get above 40 if I was cruising highways for a whole tank. 

yes, I think so too

Archived