Hello

Bikespod

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from The Land Of Interesting Weather. We'd love to see pictures of you machines, to convince us you are real. Most of us are nuts over these fabulous machines. Information and help plus a certain amount of male bovine droppings is available.

Take care, safe riding and good luck.

• Member Contributer

Nice to have a Crossrunner own in the mix - glad you joined.  You can only be "in the fold" once you have posted a pic of your ride - we are a skeptical bunch. :worthlesswithoutpics:  Many of us have never seen one of those in the flesh, so pics are even more valued!  :lurk: 

• Member Contributer

Not married, I see... :happy:

Welcome!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

That bike gets parked in some interesting places . . . living room, "strictly" no parking spaces (love the disc lock for effect) . . . ! 

Looks great.  I had thought the swingarm was more 8th gen related vs 6th gen, but the 4 bolt pattern says 6.   Seems like those bars could make a nice conversion to one of its cousins. 

• Member Contributer

I wonder if that hugger would fit a 6th gen . . .

Any detail on your suspension upgrades?    She's a nice looking machine.  :fing02:

• Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Any detail on your suspension upgrades?    She's a nice looking machine.  :fing02:

Interested in the hugger too, it looks like the one Pyramid do for the 800X that mounts to the chain guard.

• Member Contributer

Welcome buddy, glad to see you made it over here; there's a wealth of great info and some outstanding spanner monkeys available for advice too.  :beer:

4 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Looks great.  I had thought the swingarm was more 8th gen related vs 6th gen, but the 4 bolt pattern says 6.   Seems like those bars could make a nice conversion to one of its cousins. 

As the Crossrunner is not available in the US, I'm assuming a certain lack of knowledge but please excuse me if that's incorrect....there are 2 models of VFR800X Crossrunner. Bikespod's bike is what we call the Mk 1 over on the Crossrunner forum, available between 2011 and 2014 based on the then existing 6th Gen (or Vtec) model so shares the engine, running gear and a few other bits of that model (hence your comment on the 6th Gen swing arm). In 2015, Honda introduced what we call the Mk 2, based on the 8th Gen VFR, again sharing the same engine etc (hence you may have seen pics of the swing arm on my Crossie, which is a Mk 2, and thought they were all 8th Gen based).

Though difficult to tell apart until you get to know them, the easiest way I think is the headlamp cluster. Check out the photo of Bikespods Mk 1 headlamp above vs mine on the Mk 2.

IMAG0669.thumb.jpg.0ec4c9868f14c03fdcf0669bb3effd42.jpg

HTH. :beer:

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, JZH said:

Not married, I see... :happy:

Welcome!

Ciao,

JZH

Ha! Not married but been with her 20 years and 2 kids. Took some persuasion 😉

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, Cogswell said:

It is a pyramid hugger. Seems pretty good so far. 
suspension is Hyperpro front and back. 
Shock is adjustable progressive spring

Front springs are progressive, but zero adjustment available. Would need Andreani carts to achieve that. Maybe one day, but couldn’t afford it or justify it at the time. 

I am in awe of anyone who can get away with a bike in bits in the living room. I get dirty looks for taking up driveway space. Mind you, your bike looks more like a piece of modern art than mine does!

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Bikespod said:

Ha! Not married but been with her 20 years and 2 kids. Took some persuasion 😉

What? For her to live with you for 20 years or to get the bike in the living room? :wink: :beer:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Skids said:

What? For her to live with you for 20 years or to get the bike in the living room? :wink: :beer:

BOTH of course 😉

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, moroseduck said:

I am in awe of anyone who can get away with a bike in bits in the living room. I get dirty looks for taking up driveway space. Mind you, your bike looks more like a piece of modern art than mine does!

the trick is to ‘float’ the idea to gauge the possibility. Then when she goes out with the kids, quickly get it inside, up on paddock stands and take off the wheels. Then it’s there and not much can be done about it 😉

seriously though, she was impressively cool about it after the initial shock 😜

1 hour ago, Bikespod said:

the trick is to ‘float’ the idea to gauge the possibility. Then when she goes out with the kids, quickly get it inside, up on paddock stands and take off the wheels. Then it’s there and not much can be done about it 😉

seriously though, she was impressively cool about it after the initial shock 😜

Physical block is not an issue but following nag, nag, naaag... on the other hand she had you home wrenching instead of causing damage in a pub. 😉

Good looking bike...

Archived