I know I'll regret it, but always wanted to do white wheels on a 5th gen.

Magoo

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Magoo said:

They'll stay clean if I don't ride it.

Pfft, au contraire mon ami.  So long as the paint is in good condition they are pretty easy to keep clean. After every wash apply your favourite spray wax - two I like are Honda Spray Cleaner, and Plastex. Pics of my long gone red '98, and my '09 last fall after 85,000 Km

gallery_6146_6562_574530.jpg

Df-O19368.jpg

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Lorne said:

Pfft, au contraire mon ami.  So long as the paint is in good condition they are pretty easy to keep clean. After every wash apply your favourite spray wax - two I like are Honda Spray Cleaner, and Plastex. Pics of my long gone red '98, and my '09 last fall after 85,000 Km

gallery_6146_6562_574530.jpg

Df-O19368.jpg

+1. While my wheels are stock black, I IdoI think the white wheels look fabulous.

• Member Contributer

Watch this video and then tell us you'll regret it . . . I doubt you will.

BTW, I don't know if that is someone on here - but I recognize where it was shot.  Some of the freeway bits were on Interstate 5 northbound through the  Olympia, Washington area - one of the exits is #104 to Hwy 101 to Shelton.   

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Cogswell said:

BTW, I don't know if that is someone on here - but I recognize where it was shot.  Some of the freeway bits were on Interstate 5 northbound through the  Olympia, Washington area - one of the exits is #104 to Hwy 101 to Shelton.   

^^^ That’s Jay Kincy. Good dude. 

The biggest things with white wheels are:

1.) A lot of clear, whether paint or powdercoat. This will create a smooth surface, so crap doesn’t stick. If there’s surface porosity, your wheels will be dirty and quickly stain. 
2.) Keep them clean. If you ride your bike into the ground, with zero attention to maintenance, you’ll hate white wheels. I regularly wash my bike, pre-soaking my wheels with 50/50 Simple Green and water.
3.) I use DuPont Teflon Dry Lube, so I get zero chain lube fling. 
4.) Finish every wash with a spray wax of the wheels. This will provide a protective barrier, so gunk can’t grab hold of the surface. I use Honda Polish. But, any detailer wax will suffice. 

CBBD04F1-5C1C-407C-B119-9EED303C3332.jpeg

• Member Contributer
On 4/4/2021 at 6:50 AM, RC79NC001 said:

How about one of the new Ceramic waxes ? 

https://drivedetailed.com/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax-review/

The recommendation is to use a preasure washer for using product. From what I remember presure washing is not advised for our motorcycles. 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

The recommendation is to use a preasure washer for using product.

Did you mean "pleasure washer" . . . ?  :ph34r:

"Let's see - you mean you want to use that 2,000 psi thingy to blast my bike clean???  Yeah fine, whatever . . . "  :laugh:

image.png.1d942b3826beb894c360cc8195388e4e.png

• Member Contributer

Drink the Kool Aid Mike.

Drink the Kool aid.

🙂

0513191518a_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Cogswell said:

I was stationed in Bremerton 2017-2019.  Drove into Oregon to see my grandmother near Lincoln City in Salishan often.  Loved the mountain biking, but sure wish I'd had my VFR on the OIympic Peninsula that whole time. 😕   Everything looked pretty epic for a sport tourer.

• Member Contributer

Mine are fairly dirty in this picture but still look good. The wave rotors seem to create more brake dust that the stock rotors.

VFR800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Damn sexy white wheels...

I did mine in gold.  Not quite as dramatic, but I like it

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 5/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, jkboyd said:

Mine are fairly dirty in this picture but still look good. The wave rotors seem to create more brake dust that the stock rotors.

VFR800.jpg

I run DP Brakes HH+ pads on Braking wave rotors and have very minimal dust. You might try their pads, next round. 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, squirrelman said:

too much work to keep kleen. then you give up and wheels look dirtty.

3yrs on and mine are as nice as the first day. 

Archived