A Fuel Efficient Beast Gen 8 is.

RC79NC001

• Member Contributer

Anyone that can get 50mpg (US) on any VFR just ain't trying.

Fuel consumption figures are pointless in & of themselves without a riding profile for speed & flat/climb/descent info. Plus rider style (aggressive/relaxed).

If the OP never had Vtec engaged then it was a slow relaxed ride. On similar profile I have managed 50mpg (Imperial). 
That said the 8th gen was reworked for less peak power, more torque & better fuel consumption to ass emissions testing. 

As always YMMV

Trying what ?  I ride "aggressively"  most every ride in or out of vtec. We also have lots of law enforcement where I ride. Too much VTEC

sounds like tickets and even a trip to jail. YMMV of course.

People who don't understand the importance of fuel efficiency and range have never ridden so far out there that if they ran out of gas they would die trying to walk back to civilization.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Fuel consumption figures are pointless in & of themselves without a riding profile for speed & flat/climb/descent info. Plus rider style (aggressive/relaxed).

Numerous logged fuel runs on three 6gens when compared to my 8gen, the 8gen wins hands down.

So the general saying is that irrespective of what your ride style is you'll probably get better economy from an 8gen. Kind of nice to know especially if fuel availability on a trip is scarce.

Nothing more complicated than that!:fing02:

• 2 months later...

66 miles today around Bedfordshire (flat), mainly under the VTEC threshold but still fast enough for fun and got 65 mpg (imperial). Then a blast 20 miles down the dual carriageway using all available acceleration out of roundabouts and still got 56 mpg. In my view, quite outstanding.

• Member Contributer
On 4/20/2021 at 1:05 AM, VifferJ said:

+1 to the above posts, fuel efficiency isn't about fuel cost for me, it's about being able to make it to the next gas station in the rural parts of the PNW. I as well like to stop and stretch before riding through a full tank, but that doesn't mean there will be a gas station around when I stop to stretch.

mt%20washington%202018%20nw%20regional%2

What is that seat cushion you have there?

• Member Contributer
31 minutes ago, Presson said:

Hi Flya750, I'm using the standard OEM cushion. Starting to find it too soft and buttock ache coming on after about an hour and a half....

Elite comfort seats at Sussex Motorcycles http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html

Looks like you live close enough to ride there and they’ll do it while you wait

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, flya750 said:

What is that seat cushion you have there?

Airhawk, works great for long multi-day rides, if not touring I don't have it on.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/airhawk-r-cruiser-seat-pad?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-DAlPyQ8wIVMwPnCh2OWAx6EAQYASABEgIUoPD_BwE

• Member Contributer

Back when my body was younger (my brain is still younger) I'd use my fifth gen for all my transportation except for when I needed more space for hauling BIG stuff or taking my dog with me (I've never been able to find a helmet to fit her) getting 50 - 60 mpg made me feel quite happy. And who wouldn't enjoy mileage double what a cage would get. And on long trips to the middle of nowhere it was comforting to be able to milk the bikes range to 300 miles.

And the best part is the wonderful people one meets when out of gas on the side of the road and help is offered. :tongue:

P.S. Being a light-weight and small person certainly helps with range issues. 

Archived