Have you ever seen two uglier VFR's in the same pic?

• Member Contributer

And can you tell what gens they are?

Here is the story...The black one used to be mine.  I sold it to a buddy years ago.  It was stolen by what must have been some serious meth abusers as it was beaten, broken and painted EVERYWHERE!  So he sold it to another buddy of mine who hopes to make some sort of ugly runner out of it.

The red one I found locally from a coworker.  It's hard to see, but it's got a nice rear wheel on it.  (There is a give away for you if you're still trying to figure out what gens they are).  The wheel is the only thing I cared about and planned on pushing the rest of it over a bank and leaving it for dead.  But we started to notice that some of the broken bits will transfer from one to the other.  So my buddy bought that one from me and loaded it up.  They both safely arrived at his house near Albany, NY last night.  

We're pretty sure nobody will steal either of them now and you should have seen the looks we were getting trailering them around yesterday.  

Priceless.

ugly_20210328_142009.jpeg

I just threw up in my mouth a little.  :laugh:

Sorry to hear about the stolen bike.  Looks like maybe the crooks tried to make it look like a Kawasaki.

Good luck to your buddy in making one good bike out of the two!  👍

3 hours ago, TimC said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.  :laugh:

guess you didn't get the memo: that phrase has been retired due to old age and overuse.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:20 PM, Magoo said:

And can you tell what gens they are?

Here is the story...The black one used to be mine.  I sold it to a buddy years ago.  It was stolen by what must have been some serious meth abusers as it was beaten, broken and painted EVERYWHERE!  So he sold it to another buddy of mine who hopes to make some sort of ugly runner out of it.

The red one I found locally from a coworker.  It's hard to see, but it's got a nice rear wheel on it.  (There is a give away for you if you're still trying to figure out what gens they are).  The wheel is the only thing I cared about and planned on pushing the rest of it over a bank and leaving it for dead.  But we started to notice that some of the broken bits will transfer from one to the other.  So my buddy bought that one from me and loaded it up.  They both safely arrived at his house near Albany, NY last night.  

We're pretty sure nobody will steal either of them now and you should have seen the looks we were getting trailering them around yesterday.  

Priceless.

ugly_20210328_142009.jpeg

looks like they really wanted a Kawasaki

if you would be kind enough to get the chap to give us update on how you get on. I have to live projects vicariously through others as have a tiny rented house in uk and a mrs who won't allow motorcycle in the house 😞

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MuppetGonzo said:

if you would be kind enough to get the chap to give us update on how you get on. I have to live projects vicariously through others as have a tiny rented house in uk and a mrs who won't allow motorcycle in the house 😞

It will be slow going as he has lots of projects but will do!

3 hours ago, MuppetGonzo said:

actually my son has just commented it looks like they've been playing cross out . ??

apparently its a game where you canalise vehicles

From time to time we get cars arriving from up there all covered in gray mud... but it is no game just elements;-) 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:21 PM, squirrelman said:

guess you didn't get the memo: that phrase has been retired due to old age and overuse.

No, I didn't get that memo.  But the US mail has been kind of slow lately, so I'm sure it'll arrive any day now.  😉

Archived