FI Faults.....

Crewwolfy

Hi all,

I have a '99 viffer that lived a hard life before me. I can't say it's been easy with me, but I've put another 40k miles on with no drama. And no valve clearance checks. So I'm tackling that now, and thought it'd be a good time to also tackle the FI faults I've had probably since I've owned the bike.

Here's the Christmas tree of lights I'm reading:

• 1 - MAP sensor
  • 2 - MAP sensor
  • 8 - TP sensor
  • 10 - BARO sensor
  • 11 - speed sensor

I'm listing all of these because I imagine some of them have a common cause. The bike does run and pretty well, hence the delay in attempting to address these. I have a manual and have attempted investigations, obviously to no avail. If anyone has some recommendations on avenues toward resolution, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Suggest you clear any memorized codes. Then run the bike to see what codes come back. 

Multiple sensor's faults could relate to the common grounds for the sensors. Also check the state of your Main Fuse B 30amp check for any heat stress and burnt wiring.

• 7 months later...

Apologies for the long silence. I managed to successfully adjust the valve clearances, but bought another bike to ride during that work. Recently sold that bike, so back to focusing on the VFR.

@Grum much thanks for the advice. Looking at the Clymer book, I need to put the side stand down to clear these codes. PO deleted the side stand switch... I'll need to do some investigating to see how they did this, but the connection appears to be beneath the throttle body assembly (which I find to be bonkers...).

Archived