A TRANSFORMATION that everyone must see.

Iosnnis

Hi to everyone

I always wanted to own a vfr800 6gen  i leave in Cyprus and there are only few left on the island and is  difficult to choose and buy.Any way  6 months ago i buy  my honda  vfr 800 that was a UK import.The rust on metal frame and and the  bad cleaning of UK salt was enough to  start crying for what i was looking especially when was without fairing.

So after a lot of work by me i finally make it like new with a replica desing of MotoGP repsol winter test.

For all of you that you want to comment good or bad your are welcome to do.Any suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks for your time in advance.

1600154135_IMG_20210320_1142152.jpg

1344231172_IMG_20210320_1142032.jpg

751242559_IMG_20210320_1142362.jpg

214569781_IMG_20210320_1141512.jpg

887281616_IMG_20210320_1142442.jpg

Nice job! Believe me - I am uncomfortably familiar with English salt corrosion - particularly in the electrics. I would suggest taking the ignition switch completely apart (now that you've got it all back together!) to check for corrosion of the contacts there.  I had several other issues that stemmed from corrosion, high resistance & heat generated from it.

• Member Contributer

^^^  what they said!  :fing02:

If you get another bike, it should be a Blackbird - what a pair they would make! 

• Member Contributer

Wow looks magnifico! Love your work.

How did you get on with your faulty instrument panel? Did you get the panel repaired or did you find a replacement from somewhere?

Beautiful looking bike, enjoy.

Cheers:beer:

• Member Contributer

Beautiful, nice job. 

Do you have a before photo?

And, I've been to Cyrpus! Although, at nine years of age, I wasn't checking out the tarmac. 😉 Thanks for posting your great 6th gen. 

2 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Beautiful, nice job. 

And, I've been to Cyrpus! Although, at nine years of age, I wasn't checking out the tarmac. 😉 Thanks for posting your great 6th gen. 

Before was like that.

IMG_20201020_135535.jpg

IMG_20201020_135547.jpg

IMG_20201020_135556.jpg

4 hours ago, Grum said:

Wow looks magnifico! Love your work.

How did you get on with your faulty instrument panel? Did you get the panel repaired or did you find a replacement from somewhere?

Beautiful looking bike, enjoy.

Cheers:beer:

No body in local wanted to fix it telling me that they want diagram of panel.A ebay seller( Mark) was asking 135 GBP plus my shipping cost plus returning shipping cost plus custom taxes when arriving to me... So more or less it was going over 200 GBP.so my cheap choise was to buy a used one for 100 GBP.

2 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Beautiful, nice job. 

6 hours ago, Kiwiwannafly said:

Nice job! Believe me - I am uncomfortably familiar with English salt corrosion - particularly in the electrics. I would suggest taking the ignition switch completely apart (now that you've got it all back together!) to check for corrosion of the contacts there.  I had several other issues that stemmed from corrosion, high resistance & heat generated from it.

Thanks for the tip.i will check for that.

Archived