Lunchtime ride, interesting outcome.

Sp00ks

Gorgeous day and one of the perks of Covid, working from home. I decided to take a lunchtime ride. I had a destination in mind and turned onto a road that I thought would take me there. I was wrong. I found myself following a cruiser which ended up being a Valkyrie. Well the road led to one of the local lakes dam. I follow the Valkyrie into the parking lot and he stops beside a 80's Honda 250 with faring's. I'm not sure exactly what it was, sorry. (very cool bike) I parked an isle over, just wanting to take a pic of the bike. I hear a 3rd guy talking about his 98 blackbird. 

I spoke up and said "well then you know what this is" he knew exactly what my bike was and they all walked over checking my bike out and we talked for about a half hour. I was late coming back from lunch but what a great encounter. Just a chance encounter. I had a great time talking bikes and interacting with a bunch of older men, myself included. A moment in time. I thought I would share. 

385789162_JordanDamnVFR2.jpg

• Member Contributer

I saw the word Valkyrie and well , I'm a sucker..... I own a VFR and the Valkyrie.....

Part of the joy of motorcycling is meeting like minded riders.......

Jeez sp00ks your 5th gen is gorgeous!

• Member Contributer

Nice lunchtime ride! I get distracted easily, so I end up spending more time working from home than going to office.

Was that '80s 250 one of these???

uc?export=download&id=1FvK8ckBVUxaCHkTtJ

9 hours ago, mello dude said:

I saw the word Valkyrie and well , I'm a sucker..... I own a VFR and the Valkyrie.....

Part of the joy of motorcycling is meeting like minded riders.......

Jeez sp00ks your 5th gen is gorgeous!

Thank you sir. Again, I appreciate your assistance getting her electrical sorted. 

2 hours ago, DannoXYZ said:

Nice lunchtime ride! I get distracted easily, so I end up spending more time working from home than going to office.

Was that '80s 250 one of these???

I believe it could have been, yes. Certainly sounded good for a 250, I would never have guessed it. Tail was the same shape for sure. I should have payed closer attention but I was rushing to get back to work. 

• Member Contributer

Did the 250 sound like a pair of chainsaws? Single sided swingarm? I'm thinking maybe NSR250, about as rare as the baby 'Blade above.

I really only saw it from the back. Yes, I regret not walking over and checking it out but I didn't expect to get in a long conversation and being late coming back from lunch. I don't recall the swing arm. I do think it had the two round tail lights if memory serves. Definitely full farings. 

I looked for images and can't find anything that has a similar paint scheme. However, I did get the impression the paint may have had some fading. I presume the pinkish color should have been more of a red. 

Sorry guys, we may never know. NSR250 is a definite possibility. 

• Member Contributer

The NSR250 is a 2-stroke, which has a sound which is very hard to miss (if you ride bikes, anyway).  The CBR250RR is a 4-stroke with a crazy redline (ca. 19,000rpm).  I am lucky to have one of these in the stable:

1393710171_CBR250RRMC22inDevon-12.JPG.a0c1ce7b8cec014355d1774e5c44f60c.JPG

2126967630_CBR250RRRMC22.jpg.0af6e05e7408c222fa587a0a9c049f7e.jpg

I'm 5'11" 225lbs and I can still fit on it...

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, JZH said:

The NSR250 is a 2-stroke, which has a sound which is very hard to miss (if you ride bikes, anyway).  The CBR250RR is a 4-stroke with a crazy redline (ca. 19,000rpm).  I am lucky to have one of these in the stable:

1393710171_CBR250RRMC22inDevon-12.JPG.a0c1ce7b8cec014355d1774e5c44f60c.JPG

2126967630_CBR250RRRMC22.jpg.0af6e05e7408c222fa587a0a9c049f7e.jpg

I'm 5'11" 225lbs and I can still fit on it...

Ciao,

JZH

You really need to downsize......

• Member Contributer
On 3/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Dutchy said:

You really need to downsize......

Hey!  You've met me--it's all muscle...

Ciao,

JZH

Archived