Width Dimensions

Calculon

• Member Contributer

Could someone do me a favor and measure their sixth gen's width with factory luggage?  I would do it myself but my bike is tucked away for the winter and hard to access, plus the luggage is removed.  Need to find out to see if it will fit inside a Cycle Shell this summer.  Thanks!

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, Calculon said:

Could someone do me a favor and measure their sixth gen's width with factory luggage?  I would do it myself but my bike is tucked away for the winter and hard to access, plus the luggage is removed.  Need to find out to see if it will fit inside a Cycle Shell this summer.  Thanks!

I always shudder at the "does this make me look fat?" question . . . but I'll give it a go here and figure that it's better to ask her for forgiveness than for permission (to take her photo).  Hopefully she won't make me sleep on the sofa tonight.  :laugh:

This shows how I established the outer boundaries (presuming it's what you're looking for) - two long boxes upright, touching the bag lids. 

image.thumb.png.f060d6c51f3a8a054e4fab7e297130c7.png

Then took a tape measure from box to box to get the width.  Looks like 37.5". 

image.thumb.png.0da2a19ae991a35adaaca0323be384b6.png

• Member Contributer

Thanks!  The Cycle Shell is 45 inches wide so it should work.  And she's not fat, just full figured.

Archived