Dwarf on a 5th gen

alwaysaware

• Member Contributer

I haven’t been on here I a while.  I miss my bike and you guys.  I saw this and was dying laughing so I had to share it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/sHm_wizutuA

2 hours ago, alwaysaware said:

I haven’t been on here I a while.  I miss my bike and you guys.  I saw this and was dying laughing so I had to share it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/sHm_wizutuA

You're laughing at him, but he's actually riding a bike, and you don't even have one.......

Those of us who ride the VFR800 know how heavy the bike is, and how just a single moment of brain-fade can allow that weight to catch you out and put the bike on the ground. 

I had my moment two years ago when I pulled into a do-it-yourself car wash in Huntsville at the end of a 3-day ride from Denver to Alabama.  I'd ridden through quite a lot of bugs and such, wanted to clean the bike up.  Ended up with the beast on its right-hand side.  I was tired, didn't realize my situational awareness was at a pretty low point.

Wow, if the guy in this video can ride like that all the time, jumping on and off, balancing that heavy bike, then my hat is off to him.  (but if I were in his shoes I'd definitely pick my routes carefully, if you tossed in something like a steep hill or potholed/poor condition pavement in addition to a stop light things easily could get out of hand).

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Sp00ks said:

That is freaking awesome. Good for him. 

Same here - he's out there doing what he wants to do despite his limitations.  :fing02:  He's really adept at it - he got it rolling and jumped on it in a very coordinated movement - like he's done it a million times.   I've seen people get on horses in a similar fashion - they jump with the right foot while aiming the left foot at the stirrup and swing the right leg over in one single coordinated movement.  It wouldn't surprise me if I found out that he knows how to really haul ass on that thing.   If I met up with that guy, I'd buy him a beer.  :beer:

Not to be picky to the O.P. - but that's not a 5th gen.  The grab handles are exposed metal vs. plastic covered on a G5 and the tail light assembly looks 4th gen.  He's even got a left side exhaust setup on it.  The V4 is probably a great platform for him as it's narrower than an inline and he doesn't have to rev the crap of it to get it moving.

• Member Contributer

Complete and utter Respect.

I may have a quiet conversation with him about his choice of riding gear, but that would be about it.

I may think I'm Core with V4's, until I see something like this and am reminded I still have work to do,

👍

• Member Contributer

I've seen a similar video, or maybe it was the same one. Also saw a woman champion rider who rides a 1200GS, and she was teaching mounting in that same way, and to not be intimidated now matter how small you were - her name escapes me...

At least he is not letting his lack of height keeping him from enjoying an awesome sport. 

There are tons of youtube videos of one-armed motorcycle riders and racers, and even this guy with only one arm and one leg....

• Member Contributer

There was a guy called Buster Saunders racing in production classes in Australasia in the 80's who was much the same size. Did not hold him back and he was a race winner. Hats off to these guys.

img_0986.jpg

• Member Contributer

My hat is off to that dude. Due to old age and hard living, I've shrunk 4 inches since highschool, from 5' 10" to a little over 5' 5" . I'll have to remember and practice his technique.

Growing up, I got the hand-me-down bicycle from older siblings.. 

I used to propel the adult bicycle forward without be able to pedal full circle while standing within the triangle of the bicycle frame as pictured: 

TWvC8qS.jpg

Even shared a bike with a friend sometimes, that's how I grew up without killing myself: 

tenor.gif

Archived