Kangaroo Valley Bush regrowing

Today we visited the exact random spot near Tallawa Dam, which was destroyed by bushfires over xmas of 2019. We visited this random spot in Feb 2020 and saw it was just destroyed. the creak was full of the chemicals the water bombers drop. We found the exact stick we accidentally took the bark off 12 months ago. The Australian bush has evolved to recover

i took out my blackbird instead of the vfr this time, so hope its still ok to post here.

https://youtu.be/sNqyPnQXvnM

• Member Contributer

Wanted to go down that way on our trip to the Island Classic last year, but the fires sent us inland. Off to the Snowy Mountains for a three day trip at the end of February and will go from Sydney to Nowra then back across to Queanbeyan, so we will get a chance to see how that area is recovering.

Went to Mudgee a few weeks back. Some of the bush on the Bells Line of Road looked like it will never recover. They must have been hot fires.

Enjoyed the vid. I nearly hit a wombat on the Tallowa Dam road once, maybe 22 years ago. Was able to come to a stop in time, thankfully - then beeping the horn didn't move him but giving the VFR a big rev did!

I rode through Kangaroo Valley solo at 4am a couple of years ago on my way to the south coast from Buxton, it was a magic ride.

Archived