Any ideas ?

JohnnyO

Hi there... I just got myself a 2011 VFR 12  on 48000 ks and really like it...except for one thing...in slow traffic at low revs ( around 2000 ) mainly in 1st and 2nd gear it is very jerky and unsmooth...once it gets over 2500 it goes fine...has anyone had this problem and if so how to fix it...thanks

• Member Contributer

You don't have a problem - it just needs more revs to pull.   These are short stroke motors that produce very little torque at 2,000 rpm.  Give it 3,000 + and see what happens  - should be fine. 

You might get some input from the 7th gen forum. Each of my 6th gen's had a lot of slack in the throttle cable when I got them. It can make them difficult at low speed. Just a thought.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

..in slow traffic at low revs ( around 2000 ) mainly in 1st and 2nd gear it is very jerky and unsmooth...once it gets over 2500 it goes fine...

What is this "low revs" thing? Should always be 100% WOT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can walk speed in mine. We have fly by wire throttle setup, hence rider doesn't open them. Rider asks ECU to do so, when permission is granted ECU tells actuator to swing it. Often enough carbon builds up that makes actuator job hard. Can't diagnose your bike from the distance but if throttle body service was not done recently or ever, I would visit the little guys with some toothbrush and reset system once done. 

Some injection formulation that is available down under (seafoam?) wouldn't hurt for tank or two...

Archived