Looking for options regarding pillion pegs

YosemiteVFR

Does anyone know whether rear pegs from other Honda models are drop-in options on the 5th gen? After just about ten years my wife is looking to resume co-pilot duties and I’m thinking maybe some pegs off something like an ST along with a seat upgrade would be welcome. I plan to look at the parts diagrams to see if the pivot pins are shared on any candidates. As well, I’ll take some measurements of the factory ones in case anyone here has something to compare towards. Thanks for any forthcoming responses!

After some guessing and looking, I’ve found that the 2000 ST1100 has the same; foot peg pin, steel ball & spring, washer and split pin. That leaves only the click plate being different. It’s hopeful so far. I’m thinking if the tab on the peg from the ST will fit the bracket of the VFR it may just work. Anybody have an ST1100 of the 2000 era?

• Member Contributer

What's wrong with your existing pillion pegs? They are only there as a foot rest, anything else you fit would be the same wouldn't it? Am I missing something here?!!

• Member Contributer
35 minutes ago, YosemiteVFR said:

It may not be worth the effort but I was considering changing out the standards for ones that have a slightly larger area and with the rubber step area. Similar to the operator pegs.  

Well you could .....but seriously, it would achieve absolute zip! YMMV.

Cheers.:fing02:

Archived