Question about the fork protectors on top of the lower sliders.

• Member Contributer

I see fork protectors in the parts lookup for the 3rd gen but don't see them on the bikes. I do see them on the 4th gen and I would like to put some on my bike, but not sure if they just slide onto the top of the sliders or is there some thing else that needs done in order to fit them. Would the sliders from a 4th gen need to be used? I have gone through hell on the ZRX keeping fork seals in the thing and now have a fork brace with incorporated fork protectors and have still had problems. Dried bug guts is all it appears to be that does them in.

• Member Contributer

There weren't any on the 3rd gen.  Not sure about 4th gen.  The VTR1000F forks I had on my 3rd gen had grooves cut into the tops of the fork lowers into which the plastic fork protectors slotted.  

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, JZH said:

There weren't any on the 3rd gen.  Not sure about 4th gen.  The VTR1000F forks I had on my 3rd gen had grooves cut into the tops of the fork lowers into which the plastic fork protectors slotted.  

Ciao,

JZH

That's why I was thinking I would need the lower fork tubes. Don't know why they show it in the parts look up for the 3rd gen.

Archived