Looking for fuel pump assembly

4li3nVFR

Hi, new to the forums here, and I am looking to replace my fuel pump assembly for my 2005 VFR800.  The local Honda shop says it is on backorder and won't be able to get a hold of one for probably a month or more 🤥

This bike sat in storage for 6 years with old fuel in the tank and basically the bad fuel melted everything.  I have been warned to not get an aftermarket pump and I have searched online and found a much better price for OEM ($400 vs. Honda's $600) but everyone is backordered and says a month or more.  Can anyone help in locating one?  I'm desperate to get back in the saddle!  😜  Thanx for any help or advice you can give.

P.S. part # is 16700-MCW-D02

• Member Contributer

Agree with Cogswell re ebay. There are other good alternatives to OEM or used OEM.

Check out this KEMSO unit. Made in Japan, lifetime warranty and compatible with Ethanol Fuel up to E85 which I trust you'll never use!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KEMSO-Fuel-Pump-for-Honda-VFR800-1998-2009-Replaces-16700-MCW-D02-/153749225469

• Member Contributer

+1 on Grum's recommendation.  Have used Kemso units in the past, wouldn't hesitate at all.  Ebay has several listed.

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, 4li3nVFR said:

Thanx for the info guys....much appreciated.  The Honda shop warned me about buying non-OEM that they wouldn't last at all.  I'm assuming this is bull****?

You are assuming correct, a Honda stealership would say nothing else, and will always advise to ONLY use OEM!

KEMSO would not offer a lifetime warranty if its Japanese product was crap! And raYzerman, having used them speaks highly of the product.

Archived