Vfr 750 f 1997 fairing please help

Marcus2125

• Marcus2125 changed the title to Vfr 750 f 1997 fairing please help
  • Member Contributer

Air-tech

https://www.airtech-streamlining.com/honda-fairings-seats-fenders-parts/VFR7501994-97.htm

If you have one that needs repair, Plastifix has lots of videos of how to use the product.  If you're in the UK, they unfortunately cannot ship to you from the U.S.  😞 However you might inquire with them to ask about a UK equivalent manufacturer. 

https://www.polyvance.com/PlastiFix-Kits-1/2503/

• Member Contributer

I’ve repaired numerous cracks, missing tabs, big chunks knocked out etc on the fairing panels on my 89 RC24

ABS is 60% styrene and acetone is a solvent for it, there’s numerous YouTube videos ...I’ve also used ABS pipe cement from builders merchants with considerable success, dirt cheap and has a thickening agent of clear ABS dissolved in it

Evesham .....that’s not far from me ....Wotton Under Edge .... I always get my asparagus from the farm shop in Wickhamford, good excuse to blast up the Fosse Way

If you have the panels, even in bits they can be repaired ....honest

• Member Contributer

I keep scraps of old fairings around just for cases like this. As Thumbs mentioned, acetone will dissolve ABS. Be sure to remove all paint from old fairings (which acetone won't melt), then chop into little bits and dissolve into a slurry paste.

Use this paste to repair cracks in fairings. V-notch back side of cracks to increase contact surface area. You can even use it to repair holes by gluing in patch panels cut to fit opening. Sand mating surfaces beforehand to remove paint.

• Member Contributer

How-to videos from random search. Tonnes out there. Review several so you're familiar with procedure.

If you carefully tape pieces together before gluing, outside surface can be perfect and not require much cleaning up at all. For mostly flat areas, I'll use blue masking tape. For curves. i'll use duct tape.

Archived