How many mi/km did the OEM tires last you?

sigint

• Member Contributer

Too many variables can effect the answer to this. However, my OEM tyres from memory were Dunlop D222 Sportmax, the rear was the fastest wearing tyre I've ever experienced! 6000k's and it needed replacing, however got 16,000k's out of the OEM front!. Replaced the rear with a Michelin PR4 and did 15,900k's on the PR4.

• Member Contributer

I was so disappointed in the Dunlops that I took them off after about 2,000 miles.  The Dunlops that came new on my 4runner were also junk. 

• Member Contributer

I managed 12,000Km out of the OEM Dunlop’s, considering we don’t have a lot of twistys around Townsville (and I weigh over 100kg) I thought that was pretty good (it was the rear that was flat spotted of course) 

I seem to be the odd one out as I had no issues with them at all, I actually replaced them with same Dunlop D222 Sportsmax and got the same mileage again. Michelin pilot 5’s we’re getting rave reviews when I was due for my third set so I gave them a try. I am also very happy with them, the only place I really notice a difference is in the wet, where the pilot 5’s are excellent.

I am not someone who gets their knee down, but I don’t potter around either. I currently am up to 12,000km on the pilot 5’s and  it looks l will get another 3 to 4K out of the rear, front looks good. I am hoping to head to the south east corner in a few weeks so I may get them replaced a little early just so I have a new set of tyres for the glorious twistys in that area. May be wasting $100 but figure it’s worth it as I don’t get down there very often.

• 1 month later...

My 2015 (put on the road in 2016) still has the original Dunlops nearing 13500 kms. They are still o.k., however, will replace them this spring with PR5s (I think) simply due to age. 

On 1/18/2021 at 1:53 AM, Philois1984 said:

I managed 12,000Km out of the OEM Dunlop’s, considering we don’t have a lot of twistys around Townsville (and I weigh over 100kg) I thought that was pretty good (it was the rear that was flat spotted of course) 

I seem to be the odd one out as I had no issues with them at all...

I think hot climate has a lot to do with it. People riding in a cold are sailor superstitious about their rubber...

• Member Contributer

The D222s that came on my bike felt awful. Not much grip, not the feedback I like. But being stubborn I ran them until the rear flattened out. I think it was something like 4-6k miles.

• Member Contributer

7000km on my Dunlop’s and I will be replacing them soon. Never really been happy with them

• Member Contributer

Been while since I had OEM tyres on any bike. My Ninja 250R  came with Bridgestone BT45s. Very decent grip, only 3-sec/lap slower than Pirellis at Thunderhill Raceway. Lasted 25,000km too!

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, DannoXYZ said:

Been while since I had OEM tyres on any bike. My Ninja 250R  came with Bridgestone BT45s. Very decent grip, only 3-sec/lap slower than Pirellis at Thunderhill Raceway. Lasted 25,000km too!

I had an '09 Ninja 250r. I think those tires were actually worse than the stock D222s. I'm impressed your took them around Thunderhill!

Archived