4th Gen Total Death While Riding?

Good news!

I threw the new battery in, and all is right with the world. I did notice the positive battery cable wanted to touch the battery box, so after some careful insulation with some electrical tape, that issue was resolved.  I highly doubt that is what happened, I think my battery just had a comeapart on the internals, and everything tested out well with the wiring on my meter.

I let the bike idle for 20 minutes (didn't feel like doing for a slide in the fresh snow falling), and it started right up and seemed very happy. 

I appreciate everyone's help diagnosing what my potential issues could be, and identifying my R/R as the upgraded OEM variant! Yet again, the community saves my bacon. Thanks!

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, BeastlyDavis13 said:

Good news!

I threw the new battery in, and all is right with the world. I did notice the positive battery cable wanted to touch the battery box, so after some careful insulation with some electrical tape, that issue was resolved.  I highly doubt that is what happened, I think my battery just had a comeapart on the internals, and everything tested out well with the wiring on my meter.

I let the bike idle for 20 minutes (didn't feel like doing for a slide in the fresh snow falling), and it started right up and seemed very happy. 

I appreciate everyone's help diagnosing what my potential issues could be, and identifying my R/R as the upgraded OEM variant! Yet again, the community saves my bacon. Thanks!

Good news mate. Glad you're up and running.

Just do the charging voltage check mentioned to be sure, confirm that then go riding.

Cheers.

Archived