FI Light Came on While Accelerating

styran

Today, I was accelerating pretty fast thanks to VTEC in my 2007 VFR800 and the FI light came on while I was hauling ass but turned off as soon as I rolled off the throttle. Should I be worried about this or is it normal?

• Member Contributer

When I purchased my 5th gen a few years back, it had a random FI light coming on issue.  The seller had taken to a local local reputable shop to determine the issue, but to no avail.  I bought it anyway since it didn't cause any real issues with starting or running.  After riding it for some time after purchase, I would know when it came on by a very short blurp in power.  I would look at the light and it would be on.  Turn it off and restart, the light would be off.

Experts couldn't figure it out until one day, browsing through the forum here, I came across a possible remedy.  It was a simple disconnect and then reconnect of the main cable connector to the ECU.  That was all it was, a sub par conncection.

Unconnected it again, cleaned the connectors then coated with some silicone grease and problem was history.

Might want to give it a try.  Nothing to lose.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, styran said:

Today, I was accelerating pretty fast thanks to VTEC in my 2007 VFR800 and the FI light came on while I was hauling ass but turned off as soon as I rolled off the throttle. Should I be worried about this or is it normal?

Suggest dowloading the Service Manual from this forum, if you don't already have it.

Do the check for any fault codes stored in the ECM. You could take note of, then clear any existing or multiple ones, then go riding assuming your bike is running normally. If the light comes on again, check the flashing code or see if there is a stored code, this could lead you to an intermittent fault with a specific sensor/device or it's wiring.

And No, it's not normal for the Fi light to come On under any riding condition!

I've ridden my bike a lot recently, testing the speed and acceleration and the light has never came on since. Except at the usual times during startup.

So I'm gonna assume this is a non issue but that will change if it comes on again.

Archived