VFRD had a successful fund drive for 2020 thank you vfrd members

• Forum CEO

After having met the fund drive for 2020 and the close of that awful year, there was about $600 or so left over from last years budget.  I did not spend as much as I planned, since well ...we did not do much by way of meets, rallys, contests and the like.  I owe that to the pandemic, and we just did not get together like we have in past years. So I am putting it forward for the future for safe keeping. 

I plan to upgrade to a new faster server soon, as this one has been a bit of a disappointment for me as admin, I have used every trick in the book and researched google articles, pouring over ways to make the site faster and more responsive and still keep the things we have come to expect with visiting this site.  So I am on the lookout for good deals and better hosting, we will see.

Thank you for all that donated, its a honor for me to serve as the admin for this group of people, such a great group of people we have here. Let us hope 2021 opens up the road to us again and we can all enjoy the freedom of riding our vfrs where ever we are.

HS

• Member Contributer

Miguel, those server issues may explain why I often struggle to access the site from the UK. About 50% of the time, I get a timeout, the rest it takes 20-30 secs to get on.

Even with a VPN sited in the US, I still struggle.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Skids said:

Miguel, those server issues may explain why I often struggle to access the site from the UK. About 50% of the time, I get a timeout, the rest it takes 20-30 secs to get on.

Even with a VPN sited in the US, I still struggle.

That might be the result of brexit no? :tongue:

In the divorce as of january 2020, the EU kept the good network....

I had maybe 2 outages the entire year...

I heard that next week BT will deploy postal pigeons to carry your posts across the pond. Good luck pal!

Thank you HS for your efforts! :beer:

And for the USA VFRD members especially; you remind me that there are Americans that have a brain... Thank you.

Can someone find me USD 11,780?  🙂

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

That might be the result of brexit no? :tongue:

In the divorce as of january 2020, the EU kept the good network....

I had maybe 2 outages the entire year...

I heared that next week BT will deploy postal pigeons to carry your posts across the pond. Good luck pal!

Thank you HS for your efforts! :beer:

And for the USA VFRD members especially; you remind me that there are Americans that have a brain... Thank you.

Can someone find me USD 11,780?  🙂

Brexit is freeing us from the yoke of a Federal Europe....apparently. 

• Member Contributer

Miguel:

Many Thanks for doing the heavy lifting around here, it is greatly appreciated that we have this resource for something we all really love. I have found the members here to be generous with their time and expertise and occasionally their patience. 🙂 Glad to see it was a successful year financially.

I have to say one of the reasons I'm here is that it is a Member supported Board, the opinions, reviews, Tech Tips, How To's, and General discussion are......................just that.

There is no Agenda, commercial plugs, pop up ads, etc.. Its just about VFR's, and in 2021 that's a wonderful thing.

You are doing a great job, and I hope you continue to do so.

Michael

• Member Contributer

Thanks again Miguel. 

Eight or nine years ago I was somehow blocked from the site. You spent at least an hour helping me fix the problem, going back and forth on email (turns out it was SW Airlines). Incredible. Thank you not only for a clean, visually appealing site, but most of all for attracting so many knowledgeable, helpful and interesting posters. 

When you finally need to replace the Veefalo I'm all in!

• Member Contributer

HS. I reiterate all of the above and thank you and the other volunteers for keeping VFRD going. Its a wonderful VFR resource.

Cheers. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Thank you Miguel for all the effort and keeping a good site running. I've been here almost 15 years now! That should say it all, thanks again.   :beer:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Miguel, Thanks for all your fabulous effort. I consider VFRD a second family. And a great one it is.

Please keep up the good work.

Hopfully we will meet up again in person.

I'm looking forward to that With Wild Anticipation.

Archived