New 5th gen owner UK

DaveC

Hi fellow VFR owners.

I picked up a year 2000 vfr800 in blue a few weeks back to use as a winter bike and for our annual European tour.

I had many vfr400s (NC30) and an NC24 back in the 90s but never had the bigger ones until now.

I've done about 700 miles on it now and I can't believe it's a 20 year old machine, I'm loving it.

Thermostat was stuck open meaning too cool running but that is stripped out and replacement should be arriving in the post tomorrow, luckily I got a manual, the amount of parts to remove just to get to it was quite a task !

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have lots of vfr newbie questions !

Regards to all, Dave

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the North Sea :beer:

Ask away!!!

YES you need a visum to come over :goofy:

Hello Dave,

Blue VFR's are the fastest ones. 

East Sussex, not too far from me. 

I don't think you will be disappointed with your VFR , they are great bikes and  you will end up loving it, they are far too good to be used as winter hacks only.

Any questions give me a shout. im no expert but have restored/repaired 2 of them so have done a fair bit. 

Regards,

Nat.

• Member Contributer

Hi and welcome.

Maintenance is relatively easy on that bike, even the valve check so she'll keep you going for years as long as you clean and lube her regularly. :beer:

On 1/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, DaveC said:

Hi fellow VFR owners.

I picked up a year 2000 vfr800 in blue a few weeks back to use as a winter bike and for our annual European tour.

I had many vfr400s (NC30) and an NC24 back in the 90s but never had the bigger ones until now.

I've done about 700 miles on it now and I can't believe it's a 20 year old machine, I'm loving it.

Thermostat was stuck open meaning too cool running but that is stripped out and replacement should be arriving in the post tomorrow, luckily I got a manual, the amount of parts to remove just to get to it was quite a task !

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have lots of vfr newbie questions !

Regards to all, Dave

Having a blue vfr year 2000 myself.. they are awesome and clearly the fastest colour. 👍🏻🤘🏻🦆

Archived