primary gear shaft spline " ISO or UNI " recommendation

Soichirohonda

Greetings guys. A very long time since last logged in and posted questions. Still reading a lot. Seen that SebSpeed still drilling,honing,welding etcetc with excellent results. I still own one of his famous windowed clutch cover which i used on my Rc30 . love it. Still seeing many others " doing" stuff.

Now it's finally my turn. Got a holy soul borrowing me a Moriwaki dry clutch cover, which is going to be 3d laser scanned, reverse engineered and replicated by cnc or sandcast, no idea yet.

No doubts , dry clutch disks are COMPATIBLE with honda nsr 250 Mc21 and Mc28  so , spares available. Pressure disk not measured but looks good.  The main issues actually is just one , spline who moves inner clutch hub. Found some info and to me seems compatible to ISo 4156-2 and or DIN 5480 too . unfortunately i do not have a  profile projector and the few and """""reliable""""" meas i have done are with autocad and image attaach from a scan file. the compared with a caliper.... sounds reasonable. main issues are 2 : 30 degrees or 37.5 degress or 45 degrees splines shoulders inclinations?  45 i am quite sure do not fit, 30 or 37.5??? using imageattach i compared millimetered paper and spline so quite reliable... any more info or else could help me?

thanks in advance.

Alberto

ps: happy new year,could 2021 be worst than 2020???? stay safe

SCAN0003.JPG

• 1 year later...