one way valve hose #12

lawnmowerman

• Member Contributer

Hose #12 coming off my one way valve is two inches long and connects to nothing. according to a image i have from the manual on 5-66 shows hose #12 coming off the one way valve and connected to the bypass control solenoid valve. is this the correct way and does anyone have any pictures of how it should be. i purchased this bike with 12,000 miles on it and am finding out most of the vacum lines are incorrectly placed. just wondering if someone did some mods before i got this bike 

• Member Contributer

Sounds like the PO wanted to disable the Flapper system.

Yes hose 12 goes to the inlet port A of the bypass control solenoid. Refer page 5-91.

The important thing is that the main vacuum supply hose that feeds the one way valve MUST be blocked off if the system was disabled, otherwise you'd have a bad vacuum leak and very poor running.

To re establish the system just follow every vacuum line like you would any electrical wire, to make sure its all connected as per the drawing of 5-66. Make sure the electrical connector to the control solenoid is on, and the variable air intake diaphragm (flapper) is good. It's a simple system to work with, just get the plumbing lines all back and you're good to go.

If you want it disabled. Just remove the electrical connector to the control solenoid. Then remove the main supply hose from the one way valve and block this vacuum hose. The flapper by default is open.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Grum said:

Sounds like the PO wanted to disable the Flapper system.

Yes hose 12 goes to the inlet port A of the bypass control solenoid. Refer page 5-91.

The important thing is that the main vacuum supply hose that feeds the one way valve MUST be blocked off if the system was disabled, otherwise you'd have a bad vacuum leak and very poor running.

To re establish the system just follow every vacuum line like you would any electrical wire, to make sure its all connected as per the drawing of 5-66. Make sure the electrical connector to the control solenoid is on, and the variable air intake diaphragm (flapper) is good. It's a simple system to work with, just get the plumbing lines all back and you're good to go.

If you want it disabled. Just remove the electrical connector to the control solenoid. Then remove the main supply hose from the one way valve and block this vacuum hose. The flapper by default is open.

thank you Grum . i dont  know if you remember my post on a cold cylinder #3 not firing possibly flooding due to a pressure regulator being faulty about two weeks ago, im just getting to fixing it . I  just put the regulator on the bike and found all the vacum lines in the wrong places . I am hoping if I get them put in the right places, and hoping my cylinder #3 fires back up now that the pressure regulator is in .  I also wanted to keep you posted on weather or not the new pressure regulator fixes the problem since that was you thought as well as mine

• Member Contributer
On 12/27/2020 at 8:08 AM, lawnmowerman said:

Hose #12 coming off my one way valve is two inches long and connects to nothing. according to a image i have from the manual on 5-66 shows hose #12 coming off the one way valve and connected to the bypass control solenoid valve. is this the correct way and does anyone have any pictures of how it should be. i purchased this bike with 12,000 miles on it and am finding out most of the vacum lines are incorrectly placed. just wondering if someone did some mods before i got this bike 

Here's a good drawing of the system layout. As you can see hose #12 is very short and goes to the inlet port A of the valve.

IMG_0976.PNG

Here's my vote for you to restore/keep the airbox flapper mechanism in its original configuration...

Why?  Because there are two types of people in this world:  There are those who understand that air acts like a fluid, and there are those who do not understand.

Can you guess which group does "the flapper mod" on their 5th Gen VFR800s?

On the 5th Gen engine (being a non-VTEC engine) the dual-track intake system has a definite function, and even better than being functional it (the dual-track intake system) makes great sounding noise.  You (the rider) can hear the bike's airbox/intake horns/throttle body hit a hard resonance as the RPMs go over 7,000.  Then the airbox flapper opens up and the resonance noise happens again at about 10,000 RPM.

Archived