what type of stainless steel exhaust headers ?

torben4180

• torben4180 changed the title to what type of stainless steel exhaust headers ?
  • 5 weeks later...

I have the Delkevic on mine but they came on the bike. I've not had any issues with them. If I didn't already have them, I would buy the header from here on VFRD.

I have the black widow set up on my bike. Very good quality /fit /service and no complaints. 

Your bike will benefit from a remap to suit. I know mine did and its pumping out 115.6 bhp !!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Careca said:

I have the black widow set up on my bike. Very good quality /fit /service and no complaints. 

Your bike will benefit from a remap to suit. I know mine did and its pumping out 115.6 bhp !!

<minihijack>

I think I speak for the group when I say we'd love to see your dyno charts pre/post.

</minihijack>

The lockdown refresh was coming along a treat but there was one issue that needed dealing with . The fueling , because the bike felt down on power and it was clearly running lean. Replacing the original air filter with a K&N item didn't help that , plus I had to replace the complete exhaust system on my VFR because the original collector box was rotten. That added to the problem. Choices for complete exhaust systems these days are limited and in the end I went with a full system from Black Widow. I am pleased with the quality and fit .
So the first step to correct the issue was to fit a Power Commander V , with a generic map that Glenn @ Vanguard did for me. That helped a lot. Although the bike was much better , you really could feel the difference , it still felt a bit lean at the top end and  rich low down.  Having gone this far , I decided to go for a proper set up with a custom map.
I don't know what the bike was producing before the modifications. I have read many reports of what a stock new VFR 800 Fi should produce and its somewhere in the 104 / 107 bhp depending where you read it. To me it felt like the bike was running at sub 100 bhp , maybe even a bit lower  but that's just a guess on my part.

I never had the chance to dyno it before the big refresh, new k&n air filter or the black widow exhaust.
With the PC V and generic map it was producing 111.19 BHP and 54.35 Torque.
Now it is making a healthy 115.6 BHP and 55.76 Torque .

You can also see the fuel/air ratio on the bottom graph , the dotted red line is the ideal ratio , the solid red line is where it was and the blue line is where it is now. 

As you can imagine it rides much better and it smooth throughout the rev range and  I know for sure that it  is running as best and efficiently as it  can run now.

The work was done for me by Glenn at Vanguard Motorsport.

Just for the record, I am in no way affiliated with Vanguard Motorsport , but I can recommending Glenn as he did a really good job for me if you are in the UK.

1771147896_VFRONDYNO.thumb.JPG.47f6d654bfc8bbdab7f7b87ccb941643.JPG

1480406861_VFR800DYNOGRAPH.thumb.png.ee12f8b0f525fa3c35b3af8358018035.png

Archived