1998 honda vfr Fi needing hose diagrams

lawnmowerman

• Member Contributer

working on my1998  VFR 800 FI noticed that there are no hoses on my bypass control solenoid valve , are there any supposed to be hooked up there ? I think hoses are not  in the right place, also the one way valve  can anyone show me how that is supposed to be hooked up. really what I am looking for is a fuel hose diagram or pictures of the hoses  while hooked up in the right spot. any help would be great 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @Terry for the service reference. I'm tracking down a similar issue to @lawnmowerman. In my case it's the 2001 model and can't figure out where the two wax unit cooling hoses go. From the manual one goes to the thermostat (page 6-7, 6.11). But the other cooling hose is a mystery.  Can't find a diagram for it.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, plear said:

Thanks @Terry for the service reference. I'm tracking down a similar issue to @lawnmowerman. In my case it's the 2001 model and can't figure out where the two wax unit cooling hoses go. From the manual one goes to the thermostat (page 6-7, 6.11). But the other cooling hose is a mystery.  Can't find a diagram for it.

This (below).  The wax unit end opposite the thermostat is circled in red as is the hose and the label.  The water neck (10 in the diagram) bolts to the side of the block.  The small outlet (circled) supplies the coolant to the wax unit.  Where it says "throttle body", it means the wax unit.   The nipple on (10) for the wax unit is not present on the water neck for  '98/'99 models (and is NLA).  Part 10 is interchangeable with 6th gen models and presumably 8th gens as well (though I've never verified the latter).  Sometimes the parts fiche is a better guide than the FSM. 

image.png

Archived