New member from the Boston area

Khibbs

• Member Contributer

Hello and thanks for letting me join the group here.  Been riding for a number of years on mostly Harleys but fell in love with the VFR after seeing a beautiful 1993 white on white.  I'd like to do a build/resto my own way so I've been searching for the right bike that also fits the budget.

Well last weekend I became a VFR owner with this 1997 4th Gen.  She wasn't running but after a little investigation I had her up and going with those sweet sounding gear driven cams.  I'll start a thread on the build and thanks in advance for any knowledge from the group here.  I've already learned a ton from reading older posts.  

Khibbs

Honda_VFR_Day1_Side.jpg

Honda_VFR_Day1_Rear.jpg

Honda_VFR_Day1_Dash.jpg

• Member Contributer

Greetings & Salutations Khibbs! 👋

I lived in Boston many moons ago!

I miss the snow and ice-skating on Charles River as kid.

But now, my bones ache just thinking about it!!! 😅

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum, think you will really like the 4th Gen. Mine is my go to bike.

Great build quality and a bullet proof engine. Only real problem was the original charging system was weak, check to see if your bike still has the original R/R and if so plan on upgrading it at some point.

The Drill - Electrical - VFRDiscussion

Welcome aboard, nice score! Like the orderly work shop, that should help you when its so cold out your gona freeze your bippy off.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Been to Boston in the distant past, working for Digital Equipment Corporation...

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Very excited to dig into the bike and start learning.  Yes, very lucky to have some heated space over the Winter to work on her.  Not our best few months ahead but we have some great riding here in New England when the weather is warm.  I'll definitely check the R/R output and start a thread to post progress and get additional insight from the group.

Happy Holidays

Khibbs

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Khibbs from The Land Of Interesting Weather. You obviously have great taste in mc's. Good luck with your restoration. And like Dutchy always says: NACA ducts are the bees knees. Or something like that.

Archived