The Solstice is upon us

• Member Contributer

So tonight / tomorrow the Solstice arrives - Summer in the Southern Hemisphere, Winter in the North.  In the cold, wet north, it's always good to see riding posts from our friends in the South to remind us that in some matter of months we'll get our chance again to get out and ride when the weather is better.  And then on the flip side, in six months when it's winter south of the Equator those in the northern latitudes can return the favor and post up things to get those experiencing winter some vicarious adventures from our escapades.   With lockdowns seeming to be here a while I look forward to those photo essays more than ever. 

Cheers to all for the holidays, be it summer or winter! 

I always enjoy seeing others' photos and trip write-ups, especially abroad.  And yes, they can help us get through the long winter months.  Despite having my highest mileage year ever in 2020, I wasn't ready for the season to end.  I'm already thinking about where I want to ride in 2021, and will probably start planning my May or June trip soon.  Also, while the bike is garaged I'll be buying and installing some mods!

• Member Contributer

Happy solstice Cogs!

It's not a photo essay, but here's a solstice photo, taken at noon today. Overlooking Tomales Bay aka the San Andreas Fault. 51 F when I left, no heated gear necessary, but I will admit to turning on the heated grips. 

IMG_6054.JPG

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Sparkie said:

15493851_10155507540584256_8560719542182637296_o.jpg

Yeah, that's how my day was today! Didn't get ANYTHING done other than sleeping! Back to bed...

• Member Contributer

The Winter Solstice is my Holiday For The Season. I'm looking foreward to the increase in daylight hours With Wild Anticipation. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

c792z9cSnnOlica06d4N5MzbWfzJAyMp_nFzxL_UkTiRkHYpxjSHznLhlXV1l4eq-if7ZXFR9xLo7MFpVUzAxwx5esEHCE0Eq0f_BiuNzUemxxLpoSudMypHRkmQMFYaHvCl_zSGiXcsJI7LnTRXe7ydBbKRzvlm1tApMVamI3OgPMBGj1WwruxC00NOhkPDnQ6VsIsTdyEXBrcz6vflgymo7YIkomYIzg9ADqpNxNTn8rhhI2XGk_KFPriWQD6M2CUwNyDFO4q6t8N84uhSIS5G16siKSWeq40tM96GO2IkW-ffo7OYwtDDS7ji0P1u6OowP6qYQbNLxeD_ocLhZYMXVPNoCpngojMqGfODEd31IbiPK8JO9i-NnzmkMJNJnv46mq-SgNrpXLIAKlc-KwC6Awx4bgWhsCNdCfsDe8zJGLi5HZlaXLiz4BGGYZ0Ak0VyhNKl2lK-SneCbeFUfYZ2zKdCcF7iYrNHyW_FUiAnFVr-T8rKpttDyKQsLuVa2SmKoVHaY9Q97boE1oCOwp8zUwRUppoQAxmSPM46n-f4LVvG-Bx1XNKjw6F2bUZjNWJiXQCC87fzEEWprAQT8ZA_gS7II8z1HCZ5-A0dAfdjTc5uFn8twMamJ5LjpRro0JlSvef4fFS_3GbR0pGGbCD2kEdALSn-4Go4UJpmwywZ_-m3thh5rdzyBsN15Q=w1958-h1468-no?authuser=0

This was my ride yesterday, not our warmest day and even a touch cool in my mesh jacket. My VTR has been parked up since March (costs a lot to keep to road registered) so it was great to get reacquainted, did a 300km loop around the Seabird Coast road (Kaiaua) and then through my favourite twisties around the Waikato River (Rotongaro Rd and Hetherinton Rd, plus Highway 22 back  for any locals). Might get out on my ST1300 later today although that bike actually gets a little too warm in summery conditions as the fairing blocks too much breeze. First world problems... 

Archived