December 2020 Southwest

• Member Contributer

The second week of December I went down to the Southwest to see a bunch of big rocks.

Read all about it on my blog: https://crotchrocketeer.blogspot.com/2020/12/snowbird-december-2020.html

(I'm really too lazy to copy it all and pictures and stuff into a post here)

NorArizona6.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• Member Contributer

Mate. What a Fantastic trip and write up, photos are outstanding as well. So glad you dodged the covid bug and the 8gen with its new fuel pump served you well. Thanks for sharing such an amazing trip with us.

And don't forget....The Eagles are the greatest band EVER!!!

Cheers:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Great minds think alike - I did a very similar trip to many / most of these places in 2013 the same way - by trailering south and then riding a multi-day loop back to the truck and trailer.  No sense in grinding away on the interstate for four days to get to and from.  It is truly spectacular scenery like no other place on Earth. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, lazyeye said:

The second week of December I went down to the Southwest to see a bunch of big rocks.

Read all about it on my blog: https://crotchrocketeer.blogspot.com/2020/12/snowbird-december-2020.html

(I'm really too lazy to copy it all and pictures and stuff into a post here)

Great trip, and nice write-up. Is that a Kendon one-bike trailer?

• Member Contributer

Great write up, a very entertaining read.

In 2008 I was working in San Diego and bought a bike to get around (83CB650) Every weekend I would take off for some where, so it was interesting to read about some of these places from another point of view.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Yes its a Kendon. I bought it in 2014 and have towed bikes all up and down the west coast. Best investment I've made in motorcycle stuff.

Thought so, looked familiar. I agree, a great piece of equipment, makes it easy for one human to easily load and transport a bike. And it stands up on casters, using only maybe 7 or 8 sf of valuable garage space. 

Here's my 2003 Honda towing my 2003 Honda:

IMG_2917.JPG

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

And for folks interested in putting similar trailers on their sides, companies (I dont' recall their names) do sell caster kits. I'm not sure you'd want to lift a steel one up like that, but aluminum should be easy enough. 

I had a friend wiht a Kendon for a while, but it got different reviews than yours! 🙂 I'm glad that you like it. 

Post some more pics of the trip!