Cletus

• Member Contributer

Great bike!

Interesting towing setup. I never tow my bike, so I'm not super familiar with the various approaches. How do you load it on/off a rack like that?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RobF said:

Great bike!

Interesting towing setup. I never tow my bike, so I'm not super familiar with the various approaches. How do you load it on/off a rack like that?

There is a loading ramp on the hitch hauler. On that ramp there is a pin that allows you to secure it to the hauler side. Then you just roll em right on and off.

20201017_135223.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, BusyLittleShop said:

Welcome NorCal owner to the forum... by chance do you know Tony Lamperti of Tony's Toys and Trucks???

Thats a negative on Tony

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Cletus said:

There is a loading ramp on the hitch hauler. On that ramp there is a pin that allows you to secure it to the hauler side. Then you just roll em right on and off.

I don't want to hijack your welcome thread, but I am totally curious about this. I looked for videos of people loading full-sized street bikes on one of these hitch carriers, but couldn't find one. Dirt bikes, yes. Street bikes, not really. So, loading and off-loading is a two-person job?

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, RobF said:

I don't want to hijack your welcome thread, but I am totally curious about this. I looked for videos of people loading full-sized street bikes on one of these hitch carriers, but couldn't find one. Dirt bikes, yes. Street bikes, not really. So, loading and off-loading is a two-person job?

I load mine by myself, but I'm 6'4" so height and reach isn't a factor. Once you roll it up in the caulk it stays in place, and then strap her in. Pretty nifty if you dont want to tow a trailer.

https://www.discountramps.com/smc-600-motorcycle-hauler/p/SMC-600R/

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Cletus said:

I load mine by myself, but I'm 6'4" so height and reach isn't a factor.

I am impressed you can man-handle your VFR up onto the carrier by yourself! I find the VFR to be a bit of a pig even in the context of just rocking it back onto its center-stand.

Thank you for educating me.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Cletus said:

I load mine by myself, but I'm 6'4" so height and reach isn't a factor. Once you roll it up in the caulk it stays in place, and then strap her in. Pretty nifty if you dont want to tow a trailer.

https://www.discountramps.com/smc-600-motorcycle-hauler/p/SMC-600R/

Welcome to the forum Cletus.

Congratulations on a very fine 5th gen specimen you've scored. The right color of course!:wheel:

Our Police here in Australia would have a field day with that motorcycle carrier as it obscures the Brake Lights, Indicators and Number Plate, also if the bike width was wider than the car you'd be in trouble for that as well! :pissed:

Enjoy your new/old ride.

Cheers.:fing02:

• Member Contributer

I may be wrong,  but that looks like a Givi Wing Rack, though the ones I've seen in person had turn signals on them.  They're not subtle,  but can definitely haul the goods. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, Cogswell said:

I may be wrong,  but that looks like a Givi Wing Rack, though the ones I've seen in person had turn signals on them.  They're not subtle,  but can definitely haul the goods. 

Its a wing rack II and it came with 2 large givi hard cases. So its pretty much ready to roll.

Although I've already started collecting parts to make some changes to fit my ergonomics better and how I ride.

Archived