Top 7 dorkiest motorcycles.....

Sparkie

• Sparkie changed the title to Top 7 dorkiest motorcycles.....
  • Member Contributer

I didn't have to listen to him for long before I realised I wasn't going to listen to him again.

He doesn't seem to understand that not everyone wants the same as him from a bike.

So it's been said that the VFR is a grampas bike. 

So be it. One of the advantages of age is not caring about popular culture or the need to stay "cool".

The  VFR was also featured in their video of 9 top sport tourers, calling it a "fat dad's" or "dad bod" bike. Oh well

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Sparkie said:

It's just comedy, fellas 😉

You clearly have a different definition of comedy than I do.

I think people take youtubers too seriously. Their opinion is as good as mine. It’s just somebody’s opinion so that we can shoot some shit. I did not watch it but I see that Honda 700nx or whatever is on it. Is dorky? Maybe but who cares if your goal is to have a practical road based bike? Most people who buy it have no desire or interest n the “bike nights” crowds who gather up trying to impress somebody or take picture of girls in the bikinis on it. By clicking on the video you support more stupid videos and bloggers who need click and bait you into their stupid YouTube channel.

• Member Contributer

"Dorky" - let's see . . . so the preceding gen's to his so-called "Dorky" 8th gen shares DNA and lineage with Honda's flagship RC45 in World Superbike racing - the street version being laid out so that it's user friendly and a rider would not only be able to but would actually want to ride it all day.  If that makes it "dorky", then whatever . . .  I wonder how many of his "non-dorky" bikes that can be said of . . . more than likely ZERO.  Beauty is the the beholder's eye, but I'd stack up the 8th gen's looks with Ducati every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  The only thing dorky in that video was the author. 

• Member Contributer

I haven’t watched this guys videos in years as I generally find him annoying but this was actually funny and well done. 

My VFR is actually the cool bike in my garage as the other is a Versys 650. 

• 3 months later...

Lol I love it!   Dorky slow sellers are my specialty.  I picked up my new ‘07 Vfr in 2009 and my ‘08 Bking in 2011 during the last depression.    Latest bike is the slowest, a 2011 NT700VA bought new in 2018 ‘cause I always wanted one and it has ABS, a first for me!     Lot of nice new bikes out there but I’m good with what I have.

DC68B522-B43F-44FC-8AC7-7C30F1ADB4F2.jpeg

On 12/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, TimC said:

The benefit of the VFR being a 'dorky' or grandpa bike is they aren't in high demand, keeping the prices low.  🙂

Spot on.

Lots of click bait from yammie, he even got himself busa and drops word turbo now and then. For honest bike reviews I go to Australian or Russian youtubers. Particularly Ruskies are far enough removed from the hype and call the things out the way they are. For motorcycles at least 🙂

• Member Contributer

I think the video sorta funny, and, intentionally or not, quite dorky.

Personally, I think his head is stuck so far into where the sun doesn't shine that he's looking at life through his belly button.

• Member Contributer

What?  No Grom?!?

I get the impression the dude was aiming for a different audience.  Anyway, who buys new bikes?  I haven't bought a brand new bike since, er, 1990...

Ciao,

JZH

On 3/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, LEGEND said:

Lol I love it!   Dorky slow sellers are my specialty.  I picked up my new ‘07 Vfr in 2009 and my ‘08 Bking in 2011 during the last depression.    Latest bike is the slowest, a 2011 NT700VA bought new in 2018 ‘cause I always wanted one and it has ABS, a first for me!     Lot of nice new bikes out there but I’m good with what I have.

DC68B522-B43F-44FC-8AC7-7C30F1ADB4F2.jpeg

Nice collection. I also have an NT, it's the Deauville over here. 60,000 miles up on it through all sorts of weather and some touring on continental Europe. It ain't fast but that's not the point with it. It starts and gets me where I need to be every single time. And allows the VFRs to stay dry 🙂 .

Also, this Yammie guy on Youtube, he's a fool. 

Archived