*SOLD* 1999 vfr800 for sale, with luggage. NE Tennessee. 18.5k Miles $3200q

*EDIT sold yesterday, first time I’ve ever seen it ridden by someone else.  Dammit it sounds good.  Hopefully he can give it a good home and treat it right.    Nearly cried when it left.  

Selling the thing I swore I never would, but moving in a few months....

This is 5th gen VFR, 18K miles. Single side swingarm ( change A rear tire in 5 minutes), great drive camshafts ( whines slightly like a supercharger, not chain noise like the gen 6 went to in 2000 along with the vtec system that made no more power, but tripled the time to adjust valves, added weight, and made the motor lose its distinctive sound derived from the RC45). No offense to the later gen guys, they are great too but they aren’t a 5th gen.

Custom suspension, new F/R springs, Front valving. Tuned by Lindeman racing in California for around 190 lb Rider. 929rr rear shock. Custom exhaust. Sounds amazing, runs like a Honda, though slightly faster, not too loud, no flat spot in the powerband. Pulls from idle to redline linear. Freshly recovered seat. Has the original prototypes of tank grippers. Bought them when they were laser cut before they made them cheaper, you can steer with just your knees and hands off the handlebars down a mountain. Incredible difference in how securely you feel attached to the bike. All my race bikes had these, and so did most everyone else's I ran with.

Has the factory defect in the cooling system fixed ( I engineered the fix and posted it to forums years back) so it doesn't overheat in 100 degree weather sitting in traffic or going slow.

Has the raised heli bars, I have the stock ones as well if you want to put them back on.

Comes with rear seat cowl ( pictured) to make it a solo seat. Had that on for a few years once when I got married to the wrong person, she never knew the bike had a rear seat... Funny story really. The bike rides great single or two up.

Has a rear hard case Givi Monokey that will hold a full riding suit or two helmets locked away safely when you go somewhere. It needs a a dose of amourall but is solid and functional

Has the full three piece soft luggage set, used once in near New condition with rain covers.  

Fresh AGM battery this year. Tires are good, maybe half worn Michelin pilots.

Ready to ride the mountains, or across the country, why the VFR won so many awards. Then I fixed and improved it...  

has some one scratches on the original fairings where it fell over once.  

If the ad is here it's available.

CA0F4268-97F8-405A-ADAA-961E42C9AFDC.jpeg

9E84317C-E74C-484B-AE63-5C3868377617.jpeg

352B5AC3-9A17-4D91-A14E-0F031B4544C0.jpeg

E04BA7DB-C5E0-4608-822B-2BED40E40706.jpeg

DFCC62EF-32B8-45B9-97AF-6BFB5E7DD6A7.jpeg

811ED3B0-4243-4651-819A-22D3070ADC66.jpeg

• Spacecadet changed the title to *SOLD* 1999 vfr800 for sale, with luggage. NE Tennessee. 18.5k Miles $3200q

Archived