2011 VFR 1200F (hype)

Sunde

Have had the bike for 5 days now, somehow i have been blessed with some warm/dry days just before winter kicks in! (Time to ride obviously)
  Having now covered around 500kms on my new VFR, my very subjective view on it is that it is simply awesome. 
I have owned some good bikes, (and have tried many others) but the VFR is simply the perfect mix of smoothness and power. The german that had it before me obviously washed the thing with some sort of heavy brush (heresy). So before i did anything i fully cleaned / decontaminated it and polished it up. Bike has all new fluids, and looks/runs like it should (only 7000km on it, so it better!)
Being only 22 and owning this machine, i feel VERY very lucky that i found it. 

Sabsteef tuning has sent me a cable for remote tuning (will let you know how that goes).
Planning on adding some tankgrips and a 2012+ seat. Will also be fitting one of these https://www.bikefarmmv.com/epages/79512538.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/79512538/Products/"HHLRHO VFR 1200 F SC63" (20mm tail riser) to quicken up the steering. Not massivly needed but easy to install and cheap, if i hate i'll just take it off again.

Thought i'd hate the BT023's tyres, but they actually perform really well so i suspect i'll use them up and put on some Roadtech 01SE's once they expire. 
Ride safe those of you who can / do ride all year... 
I'll drool over my new VFR for the next few months. 

VFR3.jpg

VFR2.jpg

VFR1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Great looking bike and pleased you are so happy with it.

I recommend the Techspec grips, I have the Snakeskin ones and they are excellent.

My DAM end can sounds utterly brilliant and makes the lower end feel a little smoother too.

Keep in touch. :beer:

Will 100% be looking at a new can, perhaps just opening the flapper valve will serve as a stopgap, do you guys know if this valve actually boosts "anything", or is it simply a clever way to get around noise regulations? My gut feeling is that it does nothing other than mute the engine, but i could be totally wrong.

I'v gone with eazi grip this time around, as i really like the look of them (pic of my older 800F for reference)
Was a great bike in many ways, VTEC felt a little "eh" to me as there was no real power behind it, and ended up swapping for a GSX-S1000, which turned out to be a weapon in all the right ways, but fearing for my license / health,. and being only 22 (thus probably slightly lacking the ability to not ride like i have a respawn button)...
I felt like i was only riding it for the sake of going fast, which is not what motorcycling really is to me. I needed something fast like a GSX and smooth / "practical" like the old 800F. 1200F to the rescue, gotta stop swapping bikes now. 
800F1.thumb.jpg.901947259f8ea60c7ff56ee9630bd9dd.jpg  

Good looking Bike👍

I did the Sabsteef remote Ecu flash and its very good...Before the ecu reflash i had the boosterplug installed....

Here is a dyno with boosterplug 

(No reflash)

And without boosterplug after Sabsteef remote Ecu reflash...

Info.

Honda VFR 1200 F 2011.

Scorpion factory slip-on..(Carbon)

Helibars handlebar risers.

5 gear test 162 HP (wheel)

5 gear test 132 NM (wheel)

No print🤯

Red line Sabsteef Ecu reflash. 39.000 km.

Blue line Boosterplug installed.

36.600 km.

IMG_20200902_171402959_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200902_171901250_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200826_161456420.jpg

IMG_20200826_161552163.jpg

IMG_20200513_181820983.jpg

• Member Contributer

Excuse my ignorance but what does "132 Mm (wheel)" mean?

And how easy was it to fit the connector for the flash?

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, Skids said:

Hi Skids.

Typo error me thinks.

Should be 132 Nm max torque at the rear wheel, 5th gear run.

56 minutes ago, Skids said:

And how easy was it to fit the connector for the flash?

Very easy...And Sabsteef also tells you to remove 2 fuses...(Headlight/rearlight) 

IMG_20200826_161552163.jpg

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Sunde said:

Odd, tried to edit the post but then it just deleted it haha

TLDR tuning was great, cant wait to try it out and see if it makes a difference
🙂

So I'm going to have to wait until spring to find out too? :sad:

13 minutes ago, Skids said:

So I'm going to have to wait until spring to find out too? :sad:

Hmm 

Thats probably a yes haha

I will not be riding it again untill march 😞
It was a really really easy process tho, so if the results are good it is 100% recommended. 

Pic is back up, not sure what purpose it serves other than showing how messy my workshop is haha. 

thumbnail_IMG_0717.thumb.jpg.eb83e685ff7a1b2a0fbdc3ce71e96e7f.jpg

40 minutes ago, Skids said:

Haha maybe, i'll try riding with the flapper valve opend first, as i really like the looks of the OEM can tbh.
If i decide on getting a different exhaust it will 100% be the DAM tho. 
Sabsteef said his "tune" will be fine on any aftermarket can thats not just a straight open pipe, so should be all good. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Sunde said:

...as i really like the looks of the OEM can tbh.

Doctor, send the ambulance now. What?  Yes, we'll need the straitjacket too. 

2 minutes ago, Skids said:

Doctor, send the ambulance now. What?  Yes, we'll need the straitjacket too. 

Noo it really fits it, a big shiny rocket launcher, I love the look with the double opening

Just needs to sound the way it looks! 😛
I will not be put in a straitjacket, you cant stop me!

On 12/5/2020 at 6:17 PM, Sunde said:

Hmm 

Thats probably a yes haha

I will not be riding it again untill march 😞
It was a really really easy process tho, so if the results are good it is 100% recommended. 

Pic is back up, not sure what purpose it serves other than showing how messy my workshop is haha. 

thumbnail_IMG_0717.thumb.jpg.eb83e685ff7a1b2a0fbdc3ce71e96e7f.jpg

Jeg var ude at rulle i går 😉 8 grader og sol og ingen salt🎅 (Nordsjælland)

IMG_1599655094344.jpg

17 hours ago, Mrhifi said:

Jeg var ude at rulle i går 😉 8 grader og sol og ingen salt🎅 (Nordsjælland)

IMG_1599655094344.jpg

Hahaa fandme ikke iorden 😧
Jeg har ikke forsikret den over vinteren, og i Århus salter de pt. 3 gange i døgnet nærmest... 
Suk

Ser ellers lækkert ud 😉 

4 hours ago, Sunde said:

Hahaa fandme ikke iorden 😧
Jeg har ikke forsikret den over vinteren, og i Århus salter de pt. 3 gange i døgnet nærmest... 
Suk

Ser ellers lækkert ud 😉 

Det koster mig 800 kroner ekstra for helårlig forsikring...men kører kun når salten er væk og vejret er godt...jeg havde ikke været ude og rulle i 4 uger, så det var fedt lige at køre en times tid...Det fede ved VFR 1200 er den er så allround...på med topboks og kuffertsæt og du har en rigtig god 2up touring...i sommer var jeg ude at rulle med 2 nyere super sport racere, Suzuki gsxr 750 og Kawasaki zx6r ninja...De blev lidt overrasket over hvad fars godstog kan præstere 😂 Fantastisk dejlig bike og Honda kvalitet...jeg har lige været på rullefeldt og raketten har kørt 39000 km... resultat 162HK og 132nm på baghjulet.

• 2 months later...

If ANYONE has any doubts regarding Stabsteef tuning then at least i can vouche that the change is VERY very noticeable, having now done around 300kms with the new "tune" 
 Driveability has massivly improved, engine is happy to chug along at 22-2500 RPM, where as before mine at least did not seem thrilled about it. 
Also the pull in 1st/2nd gear is just laughable, its fucking nutz haha. 
Love the bike! 

• Member Contributer

That's great to know.

My only reticence in doing it is insurance.

Archived