Best type of front paddock stand

Astandane

Hi all, 

I need to take the front wheel out on my '03 VFR800, and I'm wondering which type of front stand is best for this, assuming it makes any difference. 

My local shop has both types, with the pin and forked versions, but is either one better suited here? I noticed there's space on the bottom of fork legs, so I would suspect the pin type.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I go right to the triple tree stand. Then I can pull the wheel/forks if I need to. Front stand that lifts from the forks/calipers aren't great if you need to work on something.

I've never had a front stand.  When I've needed to remove the front wheel I put the bike on its center stand and lift the front end of the bike with a floor jack, putting a small piece of 2x4 between the jack's "saddle" (the pedestal or pad) and the header pipes.  I'll be buying at least one track/paddock stand soon though, so I'm interested in seeing others' responses.  🙂

• Member Contributer

Have a head lift stand made by Kaneg, check out their web site, they have a huge range of stands.

Find this is just brilliant for dropping the front wheel, works great combined with the bikes center stand.

Not sure if this is what you're after.

20201121_170156.jpg

20201121_170953.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a very similar stand locally retailed by Torpedo7: https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/T7S7LNNFH/title/torpedo7-motorcycle-front-head-lift-stand

It is very easy to use and super stable. 

IMG_1547.JPG

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Terry said:

I have a very similar stand locally retailed by Torpedo7

Hi Terry.

I think our two head lift stands from two different companies appear to be so identical perhaps they were made in the same factory!

Glad I got the faster colour! 

Archived