OEM Prices skyrocket

Fritzer

• Member Contributer

I was looking through Partzilla prices on parts a couple days ago and was amazed at how much part prices have escalated in just the last year or so.  Many parts I have purchased or looked up before are anywhere from 30-40% higher!  About this time last year I purchased new front rotors from them at $518 for the pair.  I thought that was high until I looked at the listed price of them now at $730.   Ouch!

The moral of the story here is to buy your parts now if you think you need them in the new few years.  Where else are you going to get 40% on your money🙂

• Member Contributer

The 5th Gen fuel pump assembly skyrocketed from ~$340 to almost $500. I got a new one from my dealer for cost+$15 and bought a used one off a FB group. 

• Member Contributer

Any Honda dealer can check on availability. My fuel pump was the last one in the USA. However, a few weeks later, they had 3 back in stock. The reason we later checked was to see if that part number went to the NLA list, like so many other 5th Gen parts. 

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, ducnut said:

Any Honda dealer can check on availability. My fuel pump was the last one in the USA. However, a few weeks later, they had 3 back in stock. The reason we later checked was to see if that part number went to the NLA list, like so many other 5th Gen parts. 

What is NLA?  No Longer Available?

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, Fritzer said:

I was looking through Partzilla prices on parts a couple days ago and was amazed at how much part prices have escalated in just the last year or so.  Many parts I have purchased or looked up before are anywhere from 30-40% higher!  About this time last year I purchased new front rotors from them at $518 for the pair.  I thought that was high until I looked at the listed price of them now at $730.   Ouch!

The moral of the story here is to buy your parts now if you think you need them in the new few years.  Where else are you going to get 40% on your money🙂

Just curious.   Is there something about OEM rotors that you prefer over the aftermarket?

• Member Contributer

I would prefer OEM and Honda engineering if possible.  Just a personal thing but if prices get too far out, aftermarket is definitely an option. 

• Member Contributer

I have Braking of Italy rotors on two bikes. They have a much higher coefficient of friction and are far superior to any factory rotor I’ve ridden. In addition, I use DP Brakes HH+ pads on everything and have yet to use a better, cleaner running pad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, ducnut said:

I have Braking of Italy rotors on two bikes. They have a much higher coefficient of friction and are far superior to any factory rotor I’ve ridden. In addition, I use DP Brakes HH+ pads on everything and have yet to use a better, cleaner running pad. 

I may well be wrong, but according to my search on the DP Brakes site, they don't do HH+ pads for the 5th Gen.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Himble said:

I may well be wrong, but according to my search on the DP Brakes site, they don't do HH+ pads for the 5th Gen.

SDP128 is the HH+ part number. 

26952746-1C49-4473-B48E-F64479AEFB5C.png

Archived