Trex Frame Sliders Install Issue

Mikus11

Hey all! 2008 VFR800ABS 

Doing my fall maintenance changed oil and coolant. My new TRex no cut frame sliders came in and I'm running into an issue.

I started off on the left side as picture. The top bolt would not tighten. I suspected there was a nut on the other side that was not captive and that I did not notice. When I went around to the other side, I saw there was a nut and of course I dropped it and now its fallen somewhere I can't get to! This has gone badly. Hopefully I can find and fish these pesky nuts out with a magnet.

Question - I assume there is a nut on both sides on that top bolt? I have a service manual but can't locate the diagram with this nut or the part number if I need to replace them. Of course I'd rather just find them than have them get into somewhere.

Can anyone help with a schematic and/or part number? Definitely can't ride the bike with that not secured.

1854789431_ScreenShot2020-11-12at4_03_08PM.thumb.png.88191e80e97b3d821b1d4863d9501eb2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi Mikus11, just saw your post, how did you go with this? I have the same sliders on my eighth gen. I believe the nut is captive, sounds like as Wiremanjon suggested it’s the spacer that’s has fallen down. Hope you got this all sorted.

Archived