Worried from Cheshire

Daisy

Hello All

unfortunately my long time friend recently passed away and left me a couple of bikes one of which is a 1996 VFR750, I've known the bike since he had it new and it has been cherished with just over 33kon it.

ive had bikes since I was 17 and had all kinds But don't ride as often as I would like, a lot down to bikes broke ( old triumph) or between useable bikes. The last decent bike I had was a Yamaha trx850 which was amazing but had to go to get other stuff on the road. The trx was very uncomfortable and put it down to design however I have now found all bikes are uncomfortable to the point of being scared to ride them because find i can't even lower myself down or lift my legs on or off the pegs without a lot of muscle pain. I'm 55 ,5'10", not an athlete but ok fitness( swimming, cycling) ok weight wise, I have had bad back in past and knees not great. I'm sure it is down to stretching exercises as the muscles seem very tight. I've looked and a lot out there but more about pains  after a while in the seat , I can't even get into the seat!

Any thoughts guidance much appreciated.

thanks

simon

IMG_2107.JPG

• Member Contributer

The seat can easily be altered to suit, I’ve had my ‘15 seat altered to restore some padding after 26k 

Have you ever had McTimoney chiropractic technique applied to the leg muscles?

My rt shoulder was ripped off in a grasstrack racing incident and has to be unlocked at least once a year 

Thoroughly recommend it  ....expect to pay around £40/hour

Hi 

thanks for the reply, thought about the seat but have my old tiger100 and there is pain there (not as bad) a royal Enfield bullet similar to triumph and  a bmw k100rs which wrecks and weighs a ton. Thought about a chiro and ther is one nearby the practices the Mc Timoney method think I will give them a ring .

cheers

simon

Archived