Sold my 6th gen

TimC

I sold my 6th gen VFR today.  Very sad to see it go, but it was time.  I'm so grateful for the tens of thousands of miles' worth of amazing experiences and memories made on that wonderful machine. I had seriously considered a couple other bikes when I bought my 2004.  Specifically, a 2nd gen Yamaha FZ1, a Honda Superhawk, and a Kawasaki ZZR 600.  I know without a doubt I bought the best possible bike for me, and it was terrific for almost all of the 14+ years I owned it, and the 96,700 miles I put on it.

Also, I'm very happy I rode my VFR enough and kept it long enough to see 100,000 miles on the odometer.  That had been a major goal of mine for several years now, and I'm glad we made it there this fall before I sold the bike.

I'm also grateful for this forum.  VFRD has been very important to me, not only for the technical knowledge, entertainment, and commiserating with fellow VFR owners, but for the friendships I've made, and the riding experiences with other members.  Huge thanks to Miguel and all the Mods for making this one of the best sites on the net.

With the sale, I am back to a single bike again - the new BMW R nineT Pure I bought a couple months ago.  I'll be modding it over the winter to make it the all-arounder I need it to be to replace my VFR.  But I'm not ruling out buying another VFR someday.  Also, I'll still be around VFRD once in a while, and still hope to make a group ride here and there.

Happy riding and be safe, folks!  🙂

VFR sold.jpg

• Member Contributer

All the best Tim. Must have been incredibly hard to part with a dear friend you've shared over 100,000miles with. Enjoyed many of your posts look forward to many more and hope you do eventually end up with another VFR. Safe riding and don't leave VFRD.

Cheers from down south!

Archived