SIDE PANNIERS FROM VFR 800 CROSSRUNNER

gixxer

hi , new on the forum( my name is Jim) , as i recently bought a vfr1200f from Germany . I live in Greece Europe. Found your forum ,and thought it would  be nice to get informed about these bikes . I d like to ask  if anyone has tried to fit  side panniers from vfr800 crossrunner model 2014 - to  vfr1200F . Looks similar but has a different part number. Thanks in advance

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Not sure about the crossrunners, but the eighth gen vfr 800 and vfr1200 luggage is identical with the exception of color choices.

Both 800's are the same.  I think there is a difference between the 800 and 1200 panniers with the exhaust heat shield but i don't think it stops them fitting. 

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Both 800's are the same.  I think there is a difference between the 800 and 1200 panniers with the exhaust heat shield but i don't think it stops them fitting. 

thank you both for your answers. Have you tried fitting pannier from vfr800  crossrunner to your other motorcycle vfr1200 f ? if you did please let me know.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, gixxer said:

thank you both for your answers. Have you tried fitting pannier from vfr800  crossrunner to your other motorcycle vfr1200 f ? if you did please let me know.

No.  I sold the 800 panniers to a friend as i don't use them on that bike.  But i could try fitting the 1200 panniers to the 800 if you like. 

18 minutes ago, Skids said:

No.  I sold the 800 panniers to a friend as i don't use them on that bike.  But i could try fitting the 1200 panniers to the 800 if you like. 

please if you can it would be great .

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, gixxer said:

please if you can it would be great .

This weekend ok?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, gixxer said:

Hi sorry to bother , have you checked?   

Hi. Sorry, no. Had a busy weekend and couldn't get round to it....garage being worked on.

Should be able to do it tomorrow if that's ok?

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Hi. Sorry, no. Had a busy weekend and couldn't get round to it....garage being worked on.

Should be able to do it tomorrow if that's ok?

Yeah of course , thanks 

• Member Contributer

Managed to get home in daylight.

Yes, the 1200 panniers fit fine and there seems to be plenty of clearance against my DAM end can.

As long as you have the rubber bungs on the end of the tab on the rear pegs, I think you should be ok.

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

MAG1120 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Managed to get home in daylight.

Yes, the 1200 panniers fit fine and there seems to be plenty of clearance against my DAM end can.

As long as you have the rubber bungs on the end of the tab on the rear pegs, I think you should be ok.

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

MAG1120 1.jpg

thank you very much. Yes, i do have the rubbber bungs oem .Thank you for your time .Good news,  as i found a pair of genuine honda  panniers (from vfr800 crossrunner ) in my color from ebay Uk and i ve already ordered them thanks to you. Wish you a good night 

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, gixxer said:

thank you very much. Yes, i do have the rubbber bungs oem .Thank you for your time .Good news,  as i found a pair of genuine honda  panniers (from vfr800 crossrunner ) in my color from ebay Uk and i ve already ordered them thanks to you. Wish you a good night 

Glad I was able to help. :beer:

Archived