Back on a VFR! Scored a decent deal, I think!

GSP

Hi, it's been awhile. I sold my 1993 a couple of years ago--great bike, but at 215000km it was going to need some work, and I had little time to ride or work on it. But the other day I ran across this "too good to be true" deal on an '05. And it was actually legit. Young guy desperate to be on a litre bike, I guess, and dad just wanted the bike out of his shop. It's been tipped over, but bodywork is straight. Starts and runs just fine, but I'll have to give it a complete service to be sure everything is good--looking forward to doing a VTEC valve check--that'll have me missing my '93, I think. Bike came with luggage and racks, and a Kaoko throttle lock. New Pilot Road 4 out back. 78000km. Fresh oil and air filter. Recent Honda stator and reg/rec.  No significant accident history. The flat black is some kind of bedliner--which sounds so bad, but it was done very, very well. I met the "painter", and he's done several bikes with this stuff. You can see the raised outline of the Honda decal on the tank--it actually looks like it was some sort of Mad Max factory finish. It's grown on me. 

CDN$1500. Pretty happy!

IMG-4076.JPG

IMG-4075.JPG

• Member Contributer

Now that looks like a steal!

Welcome back!

br.jpg.bc1cf28095244c0760cb31f5f6c86edc.jpg

• Member Contributer

Had to do a few conversions to put it in Yankee perspective.

A 48,500 mile VFR for $1137 USD with a fresh stator and r/r, new rear tire and oil and air filter with a hard bag set up. Add the extras

up all up and you got the bike itself for free. You should be happy, Congratulations!

Welcome back.

Archived