Stock Fork tube insert

CormacOF

• Member Contributer

No, you can't remove it.  I think it's peened over.  Not sure what they do when they re-chrome, but they must have done it before!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, VFR750F3 said:

I removed mine when i put in aftermarket cartridges.  See attachment its in Italian though.  

105h16emanualen2italiano (1).pdf 1.4 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for posting that up. Not entirely VFR related but I was contemplating fitting some cartridges in place of the damper-rod forks on my Silver Wing scooter; I found the tube end apparatus (which on my scooter houses the one-way valve for the rebound) to be slightly too small a diameter for the cartridge to clear unless I removed it...I have leftover catridges and plenty of valving parts from a previous replacement of non-adjustable cartridges in my 800 with VTR1000F parts. Damper rod forks are just plain nasty once you've experienced a properly resprung and revalved fork...

As I don't have a lathe, could I do this gently using say an angle grinder or just a hand file?

I used a bench grinder. I used  the flat outside of the grinder to grind it evenly so the piece would come out.  I posted it because I though possibly it  could be eliminated even on a stock fork to increase flow and to eliminate his issue when he chromed the fork tube.

Archived