Full exhaust system

Badger1

That looks awesome. Love seeing the rear wheel exposed. I ride with the sidecases attached AND the 45 liter trunk, aesthetics is not happening :). My wife absolutely loves riding on the back. Which brings me back to the search for a full exhaust system. A few more ponies is appreciated, but I don't need to alert the authorities we're having a spirited ride. FWIW I owned a bone stock 2011 Haybusa before this. Plenty of power for two up riding, but A LOT of smacks on the helmet to slow down!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Badger1 said:

Plenty of power for two up riding, but A LOT of smacks on the helmet to slow down

I hear ya - the faster you go two-up, the more visceral the helmet bumping becomes...

• Member Contributer
On 10/22/2020 at 2:26 PM, Sparkie said:

I ride 1100+ miles in a day, and several thousand miles on multi week trips.  Often to places where gas is unavailable.  No way could I take that kind of hit to mileage.  Glad you like it, but it is a no go for me.

Well.. then.. definitely not something for you. I hope you've done something with the stock seat, because I don't see how anyone can ride that many miles on an 8G stock seat without massive discomfort...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the 140-50 range in my full header/rapidbike/wideband setup.  But I'm commanding 13.0:1 air/fuel.  a bit on the rich side,  but cushion til I get it dynoed after my clutch install.  

Pretty sure I could zero the ignition map,  command 14.5:1 AFR and go right back to sipping gas.

....but do I want to?   ✌️  YMMV!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

LAST CHANCE FOR HEADERS

Just putting out the final announcement that the latest production run of headers has started. It consists of both types of headers: 5/6 gen for side radiators, and 8 gen for front radiator.

If anyone has been thinking about a set of these pipes, sitting on the fence, waiting for a sign, etc, then this might be the time to order a set. The fabricator's minimum order is 15 units, and this last order took us almost a year to gather, so we don't know when we'll be able to assemble the necessary 15 orders again. Could be quite a while.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, Sparkie said:

I ride 1100+ miles in a day, and several thousand miles on multi week trips.  Often to places where gas is unavailable.  No way could I take that kind of hit to mileage.  Glad you like it, but it is a no go for me.

not possible !

10 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

LAST CHANCE FOR HEADERS

Just putting out the final announcement that the latest production run of headers has started. It consists of both types of headers: 5/6 gen for side radiators, and 8 gen for front radiator.

If anyone has been thinking about a set of these pipes, sitting on the fence, waiting for a sign, etc, then this might be the time to order a set. The fabricator's minimum order is 15 units, and this last order took us almost a year to gather, so we don't know when we'll be able to assemble the necessary 15 orders again. Could be quite a while.

can they be shipped to Scotland ? How much total ?

17 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

LAST CHANCE FOR HEADERS

Sweet! I can't wait to get these bad boys hooked up and tuned. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, BeePee said:

can they be shipped to Scotland ? How much total ?

I believe Scotland is within range - we've sent them to England, Norway, Netherlands, France, Australia, Greece, New Zealand, and perhaps a couple other countries I can't recall without checking the records. Total is $830 USD plus approximately $120 USD for shipping.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, flya750 said:

I need to put in an order for an 8G header....I sent you a PM Lance...

Copy that - PM received and replied. Cheers

• Member Contributer

In Oz

My Rapidbike module shat itself the other day and part of my mechanics diagnostics was a dyno pull...with WiLD headers

20201219_090514.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yikes - glad to see that is designated as ‘initial run’. I don’t think I’ve ever seen as dramatic a VTECH dip as that.

• Member Contributer
43 minutes ago, BeePee said:

1100 miles in a day.........not possible

Agree, for example, if you ride for 12 hours non stop! You'd need to travel at a minimum of 91.7mph!

Allowing for refuel, food and pee stops, hardly possible, and one hell of a trip!

2 hours ago, BeePee said:

😂 Lolz!  Here's a documented ride of 1050 miles in less than 24 hours.  It actually took about 17.5 hours.

I'm going to ride 1500 miles in twenty four hours next spring.  😉

49133130_10157968688964256_3530105303586570240_o.jpg

• Member Contributer
54 minutes ago, Sparkie said:

I'm going to ride 1500 miles in twenty four hours next spring.  😉

49133130_10157968688964256_3530105303586570240_o.jpg

I fear for your ass!  LOL

ps - By the end it will be suing you for divorce . . . 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, BeePee said:

Too hooting tootin damn right it is possible.  I’ve ridden from just outside SanSebastien in Spain to Stranraer in SW Scotland via Calais  in a day 1200 odd miles. Just takes a bit of dedication. 😁😁 sore arse by the time back home tho. 

• Member Contributer
On 10/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, sfdownhill said:

Fitting a high mount onto the 8 gen requires removing the passenger footpegs and installing a custom support bracket from which to hang the pipe. Note: removing 8 gen passenger footpegs requires significant disassembly of the motorcycle’s hindquarters.

Being that it's a Honda, it wouldn't surprise me if the shop manual procedure for removing the passenger footpegs begins with "drain the coolant . . . "  :dry:

Archived