2015 White VFR 800 for sale

VFR80025th

HI, I have found a 2015 VFR for sale with 8800kms

Owner is asking $8900 Canadian.

Original tires, oil has been changed 

Original Clutch, brake and coolant.

Now I have to change the 5 yr old tires no ifs and or buts.

And I would want to change out clutch and brake fluid also.

Factoring what I feels needs to be done. Owner thinks tires are good.

Would $7800 or $8000 be a good offer. Or should offer be lower.

Whats your take.

No more than $5500. Canadian dollars.  If you can't get a great deal on an 8th gen vfr, it's not worth buying.  If you look on this very subforum, you will find several threads about how the 8th gens didn't sell well, and some of the clearance prices we have bought them for.  

• Member Contributer

Sparkie's making a fair point but I've not seen any '14/15's in Canada approaching 5500.... people still want that kind of coin for their 6gen VFR's.

I'd say based on prices i see around the country, if you can get into the low 7k range you are doing well.  Sub-$7k i'd buy for sure.

• Member Contributer

I don't know what the Canada equivalent is, but looking around Cycle Trader, similar bikes are going for $7,500 or more in US dollars, or just under $10K in Canadian dollars.  If it's in great shape, maybe it's a deal.  

Offer him 6000 and walk.  He'll call you back in a few days.  Point out that you need tires and fluids, also mention that adding luggage will cost two grand.  

It's a buyer's market, and winter is right around the corner.  Make a deal that makes sense, or wait.  Another one will pop up.

I bought my vfr800 deluxe for under $8000, brand new four years ago.  Last year they had a fire sale auction dumping the leftover bikes.  Deluxes sold for five grand, base models were four.  There are way more eighth gens out there than buyers.  They are great bikes, but just not rare or valuable.  People here selling their used vfr's are asking nearly what they cost new, but nobody is buying.  They only sell when the price is closer to what the 6th gens sell for.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about other countries, but here in the US I think new leftover 8th gens are extremely rare.  The last couple times I checked CycleTrader, including just now, I found zero new 8th gens.  Earlier this year, however, there were several.  But there are several used 8th gens for sale on that site, most with very low mileage, and the asking prices vary by literally thousands of dollars.

I've used eBay in the past to check on final auction prices for certain items, including motorcycles.  It's not a great resource, but it's something.

As for being a buyer's vs. seller's market, that's a tough one.  There isn't much demand for VFRs of any generation, but the pandemic has left many dealers with fewer new and used bikes to sell.  And lower supply usually means higher demand and higher prices.  The new bike I bought a couple months ago was the only one like it available in the whole country, but I still managed to get a decent deal on it.  On the other hand, winter is either here or right around the corner, depending on where you live, and that does make it more of a buyer's market.

Bottom line (in my opinion):  Make an offer a little lower than you're willing to pay, and negotiate a price you and the seller can both live with.  If you think you got a decent deal, that's all that matters.

No need to apologize!  I only know a bit more about what's available and what sellers are asking for because I did a ton of research all through the summer on various bikes I was interested in, including the 8th gen VFR.  Ultimately I decided to go with something else, something different, but I still check up on VFRs on the market just because I love them.  😉

Archived