What is Jelly in America?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, adkfinn said:

"golden syrup" 🤮

Take it from a New Englander - it is pure maple syrup or nothing.

Unless we are talking about peanut butter, banana, and honey.... then the alternative sweetener is not only allowed but encouraged. Add bacon and nutella to this and put it in a wrap and you've got a perfect ski day lunch to eat on the lift.

I like maple syrup but it’s too runny. Golden has a thick, oozy consistency and depth of flavour that’s hard to match. 

Love a bit of banana with this. Also helps keep the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of your mouth. 

Bacon and Nutella is a combo I’ve got to try. Having said that, half a tub of Nutella has been known to disappear in one sitting at my house. 

2 hours ago, mello dude said:

Strange, I just started drooling.....

Lucky MD drools because of food. With me, it’s down to nodding off from old age...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stray said:

What a fantastic video, Magneto. That old bloke looks so chilled I don’t think he’s ever rushed for anything I his life. Bet he’s never gone faster than a trot! ...

I used to buy sorghum syrup right from a stand on the side of the road while contracting in Tennessee. Imagine table at the curb with bunch of jars and not a man in sight.... Nowadays I get my fill through amazon or ebay order.

• Member Contributer
On 2/24/2021 at 2:27 AM, Magneto said:

I used to buy sorghum syrup right from a stand on the side of the road while contracting in Tennessee. Imagine table at the curb with bunch of jars and not a man in sight.... Nowadays I get my fill through amazon or ebay order.

Different times! I remember doing a tour of Greek islands and in the most remote/mountainous passes there was always a table stacked high with wild blossom honey. Best honey I’ve EVER had and it was so CHEAP! 

There was invariably an old lady wilting in the heat under a parasol...

On 2/24/2021 at 9:24 PM, DannoXYZ said:

I put peanut butter on my fried chicken!!!

Bring it! 

In central Africa peanut oil is used for cooking so at meal times the place smelled like peanut butter all over. It gives the food such a rich flavour. 

Also, in Africa chickens are sometimes fed peanuts and other nuts. So Danno’s chicken would have peanuts on the inside AND the outside AND would have been fried in peanut oil!

MIND.......BLOWN!!!!!

Archived